Technical Discussion
  >> Security Related Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User longedge
(member) Fri 30-May-14 19:54:13
Print Post

updriong.com!!

[link to this post]

I just got re-directed somehow to a page asking me to update java. Java is disabled on my system - I closed the page sharpish and am in the middle of a full scan now. It looks as if something tried to get me to allow something nasty in the back door from "updriong dot com".
Standard User longedge
(member) Sat 31-May-14 17:27:21
Print Post

Re: updriong.com!!

[re: longedge] [link to this post]

Hmm... just had this again. All that I had got open was a single web page (my EBay summary page). Has anybody else had similar happening?
Standard User tthom
(member) Sat 31-May-14 19:36:50
Print Post

[re: longedge] [link to this post]

Run a virus scan and malwarebytes scan

edit what browser you using and check through your installed programs incase something came in with a recent install

Edited by tthom (Sat 31-May-14 19:39:06)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User longedge
(member) Sat 31-May-14 20:21:32
Print Post

[re: tthom] [link to this post]

99% of the time I use Waterfox. I've had occasional probs with pages not completing searches e.g. package holiday searches which is when I break IE out.

I run Malwarebytes Premium and do a manual update at least once a day in addition to the auto updates. I do a quick scan at least once a day and a full scan once or twice a week. Similar regime with Windows defender.
Both fully up to date and coming up 'No threats found'.

I'm off to try a Trend Housecall now.

TrendMicro say I'm clean as well. Just looking through my Waterfox history, the first time this happened I had been editing some Ebay listings and replying to messages. Similarly today I was on Ebay when the page popped up in the same tab that my Ebay stuff had been in. In Waterfox history the page title is "Please Update Java" and the link passes a long set of data including "marketing_fid". The page I was taken to tried to get me to click though to some php code.

Edited by longedge (Sat 31-May-14 21:05:46)

Print Thread

Jump to