Technical Discussion
  >> Security Related Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User longedge
(member) Mon 13-Oct-14 07:53:29
Print Post

Sky Wireless Connector

[link to this post]

Just curious about what is happening.

My router logs show repeated " [WLAN access rejected: incorrect security] from MAC address " this being my Sky Wireless Connector. The device is connected to my network and working as it should. This happens during the night every night. Is it something I should be worried about?
Standard User caffn8me
(knowledge is power) Mon 13-Oct-14 16:45:48
Print Post

Re: Sky Wireless Connector

[re: longedge] [link to this post]

You might be able to look up the MAC address to see sort of device it comes from and that my help. Are you in range of anyone else's wireless network?

Sarah

--
If I can't drink my bowl of coffee three times daily, then in my torment, I will shrivel up like a piece of roast goat

Spiders on coffee - Badass spiders on drugs
Standard User Stevenage_Neil
(committed) Mon 13-Oct-14 16:58:43
Print Post

[re: caffn8me] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by caffn8me:
You might be able to look up the MAC address to see sort of device it comes from and that my help. Are you in range of anyone else's wireless network?

"WLAN access rejected: incorrect security] from MAC address " this being my Sky Wireless Connector. "

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User longedge
(member) Mon 13-Oct-14 18:58:58
Print Post

[re: Stevenage_Neil] [link to this post]

Yes - the point is it is my own Sky Wireless Connector which the router "Attached Devices" shows as being connected (same MAC address in both the logs and the attached devices). My Sky box is working and the network settings page on there show that it is connected to my network. The Sky box and my router both show the same IP.

For some reason the Sky Wireless Connector is continually doing something that the router is blocking. I just wondered what is happening.

e.g. - I cleared the log earlier and this is an extract from the log as it is now:-
[WLAN access rejected: incorrect security] from MAC address xx.xx.xx.xx.xx.xx, Monday, October 13, 2014 19:28:08
[WLAN access rejected: incorrect security] from MAC address xx.xx.xx.xx.xx.xx, Monday, October 13, 2014 19:26:32
[WLAN access rejected: incorrect security] from MAC address xx.xx.xx.xx.xx.xx, Monday, October 13, 2014 19:21:54
[WLAN access rejected: incorrect security] from MAC address xx.xx.xx.xx.xx.xx, Monday, October 13, 2014 19:20:24

Edited by longedge (Mon 13-Oct-14 20:11:24)

Print Thread

Jump to