Technical Discussion
  >> Security Related Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User majika2007
(member) Mon 16-Feb-15 15:16:30
Print Post

BTAgent - Humm..

[link to this post]

How UK ISP Spy on us all..
Shameful stuff..
http://cryptome.org/2013/12/Full-Disclosure.pdf

Standard User Moto
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 18-Feb-15 19:10:08
Print Post

Re: BTAgent - Humm..

[re: majika2007] [link to this post]

There are more gems on that site.

How the U.S.A used biological warfare during the Korean War - trying to spread typhoid, cholera, bubonic plague, anthrax and more across North Korea and China.

http://cryptome.org/2015/01/isc-biowar-kr-cn.pdf
However if we believe wikipedia "in accounts published in 2013, after his death, Wu Zhili, the former Surgeon General of Chinese People's Voluntary Army, admitted that Chinese allegation was a false alarm, and that he had been forced to fabricate evidence."

laugh A friend surfing in laugh

Edited by Moto (Wed 18-Feb-15 19:23:38)

Standard User TheEulerID
(member) Wed 18-Feb-15 19:36:13
Print Post

The first rule of any document is that the more unnecessary use of erratic typefaces, changes in text colour, emboldening, underlining and sensational language the less likely it is to be accurate. It's perfectly possible to make a case without shrieking at you.

I've no doubt that security agencies do seek to find and exploit security holes. It is there job, after all (and hackers manage to distribute malware) but I'd very much doubt these particular details, many of which would be easily detected, despite what they say.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ggremlin
(committed) Wed 18-Feb-15 19:49:06
Print Post

[re: TheEulerID] [link to this post]

don't forget the risk that many routers and much of the digital infrastructure is serviced by equipment from Chinese companys
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Thu 19-Feb-15 08:44:52
Print Post

So, killing BTAgent does not help

(you should kill it anyway)
Err... why? if it "does not help"...

Who wrote this, some kid?

____________________________________________________________________________All_Quiet_on_the_Western_Front__________________
Standard User majika2007
(member) Sat 21-Feb-15 04:33:22
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Hi guys,

About 18+ months ago from the get-go after my FTTC connection installation and shiny new ECI modem arrived I wanted one unlocked to check line stats etc..
I done what most of us on here probably done, went to ebay and grabbed me a HG612, unlocked it and investigated following the guides done by BawledEagle and ASBOKid.

As soon as i understood about TR69 and remote updates etc that got me thinking.
during the unlocking phase (firmware update or whatever PC correct term is for it on here wink I had seen this "btagent" running in putty but had no definitive idea about what it was there for, i had a rough idea. basically backdoor is what it seemed..

Now, with all the whistle-blowers and TEMPORA/ XKEYBASE etc makes me really uneasy.. not that I have anything to hide but its as bad as if I went out and installed a RAT on someones machine and spied @ their webcam 24/7 365.

Anyway my point is this. its a real issue we are seeing no matter what the media say or lack there of. They are tapping out lines I knew this as there was chatter way back in mid 90's "Preditor program" etc. so i knew this [censored] was going on but to see it in the flesh sort of speak puts a whole new spin on the way i perceive my privacy.

We have to mitigate this [censored]. I urge you all to get looking @ blockchain technologies such as the platform I am building AeroME "AM" (aerocoin.org) its definitely a step in the right direction regards to "trustless" decentralized anonymous systems based on Hybrid X13 & deterministic algorithms.

Buy some Crypto coins or some gold and hold. The world is going down the tubes. to many greedy people who keep on getting richer whilst us bottom 99% keep getting more poorer.

Crypto's maybe the answer to leveraging some of this power back from the system. It will take time and may never happen BUT the genie is definitely out of the bottle and there is no going back from what bitcoin and the other altcoins has shown the world.

Satoshi Nakimoto gave the world a gift in the form of Bitcoin, I am building on from his work. Many of us in cryptos are pushing what is possible with the tech in its present form. Innovations are happening almost on a monthly basis.

Bitcoin whitepaper:-
https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf

AeroME whitepaper:-
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nmittoyyode3s80/AeroMe-Whi...

Highest rated PoD (5+ PoD)
http://proofofdev.com/project/aero-aerocoin/

Blockchain tech is the future and was born out of the financial mess this world got itself into. Mass *GLOBAL* surveillance, excessive control, the curtailment of our civil liberties / excessive greed & ever increasing shift of power, Quantitative Easing.. its a real mess..

I try to help by sharing this info with anyone willing to take a few moment out of their day and learn about something new.

There are many legitimate projects going on in the cryptocurrency space atm, BTC/LTC/AERO & the aerome Platform (to name but a few).

We have a strong & supportive community who are loyal with a excellent reputation as a honest project with legitimate goals. Some very cool/radical/progressive ideas happening in this space both with the project I'm lead dev on but also with the many other altcoin projects truly blazing a trail.

Read the thread. take a look and maybe, just maybe this could be a way to put right some of the wrongs which are happening everyday.

Rant over !

Cheers,

Majika

P.S it could be argued that bitcoin and the ilk are no better than pure market speculation, hype and all the other negative aspects reflected over from the traditional world markets, I should rephrase that.. "the *manipulated* FOREX markets" are today, but try to look past the FUD and see the underlying blockchain technology for the potential good it can help to bring about.. Real change!.

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 21-Feb-15 08:32:09
Print Post

In reply to a post by majika2007:
Hi guys,

About 18+ months ago from the get-go after my FTTC connection installation and shiny new ECI modem arrived I wanted one unlocked to check line stats etc..
I done what most of us on here probably done, went to ebay and grabbed me a HG612, unlocked it and investigated following the guides done by BawledEagle and ASBOKid.
Whatever happened to AsboKid? laugh

____________________________________________________________________________All_Quiet_on_the_Western_Front__________________
  Print Thread

Jump to