Technical Discussion
  >> Security Related Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User OCdragon
(experienced) Tue 22-Sep-15 09:34:52
Print Post

Pop-up Malwares in Win 10's Browsers--FF, Chrome & IE!!!

[link to this post]

My daughter studies away from home (i.e. no way of seeing her ACTUAL problems) and has recently been upgraded to Win10 from Win 7. For the last few days her laptop has been INFECTED with some form of Malwares/Tracking cookies which manifested themselves as POP-Ups in the Browser whenever she was using the Browsers (i.e Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer).That slowed her laptop down and was quite irritating to have blocking her Browser's view. These Pop-ups would keep coming up and redirecting her to other sites IF she clicked on it. Apparently all these unwanted Pop-ups have all been linked "LASUPERBA" (whatever it is).

Whenever she scaned with Malwarebytes Free or Superantimalwares Free (i.e. not at the same time) and appeared to have found the concerning "Tracking Cookies" and removed them as instructed by both Scanners. However both Cookies and Pop-ups would come backs whenever she scaned them next time or using her Browser! She even tried booting into "Safe-Mode" and re-ran the scaners which appeared to have removed the Cookies. According to her, these Pop-Ups or Cookie kept re-appearing as before even in "Safe-Mode"???

So could I ask HOW to fix these, i.e. eventually get rid of ALL these Pop-ups and cookies in her Browser/s WITHOUT resolving into the FINAL DECISION of "cleaning up her Laptop by re-installing the OS??? This is quite urgent for her because she needs her laptop for ALL her university's course works and researches etc.

Many thanks for all useful suggestion!!

P.S: She couldn't or recognise from the Scanner/s that IF her laptop is infected/installed with any "Malwares Program/s"

Intel E4300 OC with 2GB RAMs,Speedtouch 585 Modem/Router and Windows 7 Pro !
Current ISP: Plusnet FTTC

Edited by OCdragon (Tue 22-Sep-15 09:37:14)

Standard User micksharpe
(legend) Tue 22-Sep-15 20:34:22
Print Post

Re: Pop-up Malwares in Win 10's Browsers--FF, Chrome & IE!!!

[re: OCdragon] [link to this post]

Remove “Ads by LaSuperba” virus (Easy Removal Guide)

Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him. -- Groucho Marx
Standard User OCdragon
(experienced) Wed 23-Sep-15 12:46:03
Print Post

[re: micksharpe] [link to this post]

I have just briefly read through that, a very comprehensive Ad Malwares Removal guide that is. Particularly its hints of "Resetting the browser" at the end is quite helpful!!

Once again, thank you for the info.

Cheers

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Michael_Chare
(experienced) Wed 23-Sep-15 23:40:40
Print Post

I had something similar which was removed by AVG. Windows Defender did not protect me from the ptoblem I had.

Michael Chare
Standard User sam882
(newbie) Thu 24-Sep-15 00:04:46
Print Post

Cookies are just text files, they don't create popups they are detected and removed when they placed by spying sites.

Set your privacy setting for all browsers to never accept third-party cookies, there is no advantage to you to do so.

My preferred browser is firefox to which I add the no-script add-on, that prevents loads of JavaScript running which is where lots of adds & viri come from, just set that to allow 'top level sites' by default at base 2nd level domains. If you goto to a trusted purchase/bank page just remember to click on the 'Allow all this page' option or you block essential functions.

I also add the WOT addon that will warn/stop you if you go to any dangerous sites (or are even redirected there.

My preferred free anti-viri is Avast, I've had to clean machines that were supposedly protected by AVG.
Standard User Mikey2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 24-Sep-15 11:28:44
Print Post

Whilst acting previously as " "IT Support" for a couple of kids away at uni, I installed remote access software (I used the free version of team viewer), might be an idea in case other or similar issues arise.

Mike
If you have to swallow a frog, try not to think about it. If you have to swallow two frogs, don't swallow the smaller one first.
Standard User OCdragon
(experienced) Thu 24-Sep-15 14:59:05
Print Post

[re: Mikey2] [link to this post]

I think it may be "dangerous" to remote access my daughter's PC which has already been infected with some forms of Malwares, because I may be risking of being infected via this remote-access "link"/SW bridging between me and my daughter's infected PC!
My daughter is coming home today for a long weekend bring with her the infected PC, and I will find a way of sorting some things out, like trying the LaSuperba Virus's removal tool suggested kindly by previous reader.

Wish me luck

Standard User 961a
(member) Thu 24-Sep-15 19:05:23
Print Post

You don't say which internet security suite is installed. While Avast free will do if funds are tight I'd suggest Kaspersky Internet Security or Norton is a good investment. Can be found free from some banks or via internet offers, free trials for up to 6 months. Essential!

Malwarebytes will find these things with a daily scan

Don't download software except from the original manufacturer. i.e. never from third party. There is virtually always some other stuff you don't want. I suggest that is what has happened here

If you have to reinstall o/s stick with Windows 7. Plenty of time for Windows 10 next year when all the bugs are sorted out
Standard User Pipexer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 24-Sep-15 19:06:58
Print Post

[re: 961a] [link to this post]

Yes makes perfect sense to put a 6 year old OS on and then have all the faff of upgrading (and also possibly expense as the free upgrade will no longer be available) rather than put a modern OS which seems to work perfectly fine and is getting regularly updated too.

AAISP Home::1
Standard User 961a
(member) Thu 24-Sep-15 19:15:13
Print Post

[re: Pipexer] [link to this post]

Windows 10 free upgrade available until July 2016 to those who qualify but as you wish
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to