Technical Discussion
  >> Security Related Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User smiffy12
(experienced) Mon 29-Feb-16 20:38:51
Print Post

Draytek 2860 Port 443

[link to this post]

Hello, One of my friends has a draytek router and has been scanned (he runs a small business) and told that port 443 is open and insecure. I looked at it and couldn't see how to shut this port as failing some kind of compliance test at the moment. Does anyone know how I can close this port at all? I used shields up and it pointed out that port 443 was accepting requests.

Thank you for any help
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Mon 29-Feb-16 20:52:33
Print Post

Re: Draytek 2860 Port 443

[re: smiffy12] [link to this post]

This any good? http://www.draytek.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=...

Use the Ginp Formula to determine if your vdsl2 connection is with or without G.INP.
Divide your IP Profile by your Sync Speed and the answer is 0.9669 (with) or 0.9679 (without)

Edited by BatBoy (Mon 29-Feb-16 20:52:53)

Standard User caffn8me
(knowledge is power) Mon 29-Feb-16 21:25:08
Print Post

Re: Draytek 2860 Port 443

[re: smiffy12] [link to this post]

Port 443 is open by default for SSL VPN.

Go to VPN and Remote Access > Remote Access Control and disable SSL VPN.

Port 443 will still remain open if management from the internet is enabled using the default port but this will be restricted to specific IP addresses under System Maintenance > Management > Access List from the Internet

Also, make sure the router is running the latest firmware as earlier versions had obsolete and insecure SSL protocols running.

Sarah

--
If I can't drink my bowl of coffee three times daily, then in my torment, I will shrivel up like a piece of roast goat

Spiders on coffee - Badass spiders on drugs

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to