Technical Discussion
  >> Security Related Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User OCdragon
(experienced) Fri 29-Jul-16 18:26:56
Print Post

Such a pain in dealing with Malware-infested e-mails !!!

[link to this post]

One of my "useful" e-mail addresses has been kept receiving "Malware-Infected" messages, about roughly several times a day! Somethings like "Attched is the ****** documents you requested, please review it ***". It is quite obvious that they are Malwares contained within these junk e-mails. However I have to use this particular e-mail address as a few of my useful on-line services have been registred under this particular e-mail address in the past. Such a pain though!!!!

Alternatively would it be helpful if I could "change" my affected e-mail address in my user's On-Line profiles such that my affected e-mail address could NOT be used again??

Intel E4300 OC with 2GB RAMs,Speedtouch 585 Modem/Router and Windows 7 Pro !
Current ISP: Plusnet FTTC
Standard User gomezz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 29-Jul-16 18:47:34
Print Post

Re: Such a pain in dealing with Malware-infested e-mails !!!

[re: OCdragon] [link to this post]

I have a rule that moves all emails with attachments to a Check folder.

BT Infinity 1 (unlimited)
Standard User OCdragon
(experienced) Fri 29-Jul-16 21:06:46
Print Post

[re: gomezz] [link to this post]

Thank you for the reply! But it is still a pain that you have to view your particular "folder", could be several times a day like me, before your deletions. Stop using this particular "infected" e-mail address could be the basic solution.

Intel E4300 OC with 2GB RAMs,Speedtouch 585 Modem/Router and Windows 7 Pro !
Current ISP: Plusnet FTTC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Kenneth
(legend) Fri 29-Jul-16 21:22:48
Print Post

[re: OCdragon] [link to this post]

For many years I have had my own domain and used a unique email address for each sign up (e.g. adobe@mydomain for dealing with adobe, needless to say after they were hacked I get lots to that) - but they all get forwarded to a single email address (well unless very unimportant then I give them a yahoo account) - this allows me to workout who was hacked/clicks on email attachments by what address the spam comes in from. One of the hosts I uses allows me to reject emails based on the to address - which basically killed 95% of spam to that domain (mainly appear made up addresses) or filter them when I download them with rules.

Other than the spam issue - another advantage was when the email provider I was using closed I was able to switch to a different one quickly without needing to update any sign ups

Ken

Nostalgia is memory with the pain removed
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 30-Jul-16 10:30:08
Print Post

[re: Kenneth] [link to this post]

If To/CC addy contains "adobe" and From addy doesn't contain "adobe" then delete from server!

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
  Print Thread

Jump to