Technical Discussion
  >> Security Related Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 05-Sep-16 12:27:18
Print Post

Cheap ESET/NOD32 Smart Security licence

[link to this post]

Thought I would let others know that instead of paying ~ £80 for a 3 year, 1 pc Smart Security v9 licence, an Irish retailer is selling the same licence on fleabay for £13.99. After I purchased this yesterday, ESET UK themselves have confirmed the licence credentials as being genuine so well worth it if your NOD32 subscription has expired or is about to expire.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291844262798

IMHO NOD32 is still the least bloated AV software out there yet has decent malware detection rates. Still have fond memories of using NOD32 v2.7 with its minimal interface many moons ago smile

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
TalkTalk Business 80/20
Asus RT-AC5300 with 380.59_HGG-FINAL
My Broadband Quality Monitor
Standard User derekdel
(member) Mon 26-Sep-16 21:54:38
Print Post

Re: Cheap ESET/NOD32 Smart Security licence

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

There was/is a Chinese website that produces daily licence keys for eset, basically trial keys that work for a week or 2 before they are shutdown by eset saying the key has expired. I hope you haven't got one of those keys!

*edit* ok post fail as I see eset have said they are genuine, should have got to spec....

Edited by derekdel (Mon 26-Sep-16 22:00:09)

Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 21-Mar-17 06:07:12
Print Post

Just found another bargain on fleabay for ESET Smart Security. £14.99 for a genuine 1 pc 10 year licence. I bought a few for family members and they're the real deal - the seller emails you the licence username & password and these are then converted to the newer ESET licence keys on the official ESET website. I suspect these are dirt cheap as ESET are slowly phasing out their Smart Security product, however these keys also work on their basic NOD32 AV program and should work on their newer Internet Security version as well.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-ESET-Smart-Securit...

TalkTalk Business 80/20
Netgear R9000 X10 running OpenWRT
My Broadband Quality Monitor

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 22-Mar-17 08:15:28
Print Post

I have used Comodo free for years and it seems to do the job, but a good find anyway.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8.1 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro, laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
  Print Thread

Jump to