User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

These posts have been archived and can no longer be replied to or modified.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User tommy_boi
(experienced) Mon 31-Aug-09 01:55:36
Print Post

Sky Technical Support

[link to this post]

So i get switched over from UK Online on the 3rd of september but i'm still not fully happy about the move really, i'm a bit worried, cause i'm happy where i am its just the cost i'll saving and some other things, main thing is really i wanna know what the technical support is like cause the support at UK Online is awesome, they know what they are doing and are knowledgeable, if my line is running slow they tweak it no problems, what are they tech support like at sky cause i would be very annoyed if i switched over and called them up and got the same kind of support you get at AOL, monkeys who read from scripts, can anyone settle my mind?.

UK Online Customer smile
Standard User systemx
(member) Mon 31-Aug-09 04:17:33
Print Post

Re: Sky Technical Support

[re: tommy_boi] [link to this post]

UK OnLine has spoiled you the support at Sky when you first ring (Tier 1) is not good but if you keep calm and go through the script with the person you are speaking to you will get through to CS (customer support I think) who are much better.
Do read the welcome letter you will get from Sky and remember that for the first ten days after you are connected, your speeds will start slow as your line will be on DLM training.
Standard User woweebert
(experienced) Mon 31-Aug-09 08:54:03
Print Post

[re: tommy_boi] [link to this post]

Yeah you will be saving money , but at the cost of your support .

I looked hard at moving to SKY as i have there satellite , but could not poke up with there support system .
My broadband is to important to risk , and if you had done your home work properly you would of seen , you will not be getting your line tuned up by Sky , you will be on a template that will be set by DLM .
And also pre pair your self for losing upload speed , as the line states i have seen from SKY customers are to say " very disappointing " .

But like i said " if you had done your home work " you would of read the threads regarding this and other concerns form new customers .

You decided to jump , and i decided to stay , so im more than interested in how things do go for you , so please post back , Good or Bad

UKonline... Premier LLU

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User zebedeee
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 31-Aug-09 09:28:23
Print Post

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by woweebert:
But like i said " if you had done your home work " you would of read the threads regarding this and other concerns form new customers .

Pity you didn't do yours. Sky LLU broadband is excellent. It uses the same backhaul as Easynet, which is an excellent business broadband supplier (Sky acquired Easynet to provide the Sky broadband service). The negative comments you see are about the Sky Connect service, which is a rebadged BT product which Sky supply if there is no LLU product available.

As far as the CS is concerned, I have very little dealing with them, although I did have to phone Sky support when I bought a new Sky box and needed it to be paired with my Sky card. I phoned them at 13:50 on Tuesday afternoon - the call was answered within 30 seconds, and the job was done within 2 minutes.

I wish Sky would take over BT, then maybe I'd get some decent service from them too.

Home ADSL: Sky Max LLU 3864kbps down, 625kbps up
Business ADSL:
ZeN Office 8000 Too unstable to say !
Orange 3G Business Everywhere Mobile BB 1200kbps down, 320kbps up
Stats shown are recent measurements (same premises)
A member of the ever-growing "I hate BT" Group on Facebook
Standard User woweebert
(experienced) Mon 31-Aug-09 11:18:29
Print Post

[re: zebedeee] [link to this post]

i have been following the adventures of "izools" and sky fully unbundled connections, and there plenty that are having problems with DLM (not really a surprise ) and very poor upload syncs for there stats on SKY LLU.

That's the choice i made , and the OP made a different choice . So i am very interested in what the OP has to say about his Sky connection after DLM has finished as i can still make the move my self .

And if you care to read up you might see that things are changing at Sky and there is a good chance you may end up on a different DSLM than the one you are on with UKonline , especially if its a fully unbundled connection .
And as you say you have never had to ring Sky up to optimise your Broadband so you also don't know how good support is for this side of there service .

UKonline... Premier LLU
Standard User zebedeee
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 31-Aug-09 17:48:55
Print Post

Well, as you can see from my sig, I use Sky for my domestic broadband, and Zen for my business that I run from the same premises. Previously I used Zen for both, and when my domestic line was with Zen, I struggled to make 3000kbps, and the BT line profile limited me to 2500kbps. When I switched over to Sky, I immediately got a 3800kbps sync, and with no BT line profiling, that's what I now get.

My £35 a month Zen connection on the other hand barely scrapes 2500kbps, and it has been broken since the start of July, and Zen don't seem to be able to fix it. When I left Zen to join Sky, everybody said I would regret it. My only regret is that Sky don't do a business service !

Business ADSL:

Edited by zebedeee (Mon 31-Aug-09 17:49:38)

Standard User Technode_
(experienced) Mon 31-Aug-09 18:45:29
Print Post

[re: zebedeee] [link to this post]

As far as the CS is concerned, I have very little dealing with them

So how can you say:-

I wish Sky would take over BT, then maybe I'd get some decent service from them too.

Standard User Technode_
(experienced) Mon 31-Aug-09 19:00:08
Print Post

I have had a lot of dealing with Sky CS and support and they are dire one of the worst, very lucky if you get escalated to a tier 3 support team and even then there is no guarantee of a reasonable level of service.

I do agree that the LLU service is Excellent at £5/10 and thats why I stay, oh and the fact I have 2.Mbs mobile BB PAYG to fall back to if they cock up. (normally used away from home.)

As for Sky Connect product its no worse than any other ISP relying on the BT exchange having a VP capacity status of green re- peak traffic congestion.

HTH

Edited by Technode_ (Mon 31-Aug-09 19:01:07)

Standard User zebedeee
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 31-Aug-09 22:55:14
Print Post

[re: Technode_] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Technode_:
As far as the CS is concerned, I have very little dealing with them

So how can you say:-

I meant service as in broadband service i.e. a non-tangible product.

Business ADSL:
Standard User tommy_boi
(experienced) Tue 01-Sep-09 12:29:24
Print Post

[re: systemx] [link to this post]

All this talk hasn't really put me any confidence in the support team, i think i will call them and see if i can just get the sky talk and cancel the broadband as the support i get when i need it means a lot to me.

UK Online Customer smile
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to