User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User DannyD12
(newbie) Tue 18-Jan-11 17:36:55
Print Post

Moving from BT+Zen to Sky LLU

[link to this post]

Hi All,

I'm currently in the process of moving my BT+Zen line to Sky full LLU, do I need a MAC for this as I was under the impression if moving the phone line as well as the internet connection to another party this wasn't required. Sky have already put a cease on my line so it may be a pain to get a MAC now.

On another note does anyone know if Sky let you have 2 LLU lines to the same property? As a side affect of going to Sky I'm saving £30/month and I have two spare pairs to my house so was thinking of getting another line and Sky would probably be my preferred supplier (assuming the new service is ok)

Thanks for your help

Danny
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 19-Jan-11 09:59:38
Print Post

Re: Moving from BT+Zen to Sky LLU

[re: DannyD12] [link to this post]

You need to make sure that Zen know you are moving to full LLU, so that they can handle the billing cleanly.

Second line with Sky - why? All lines with one supplier means a supplier fault will knock them all out, better to have different suppliers. Depends on why getting a second line

Also you would not get the Sky discount I suspect on the second line.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User DannyD12
(newbie) Wed 19-Jan-11 12:11:55
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Cheers Andrew,

I called Zen to check and they were their normal excellent selves with the handling it's more Sky that were the problem as they immediately put a cease on the line and then were asking for a MAC which doesn't seem right but they've agreed that itís not needed now.

Not too worried about fault tolerance as I already have another line with TT but was thinking if Sky give the same discounts for the second line with them it would be a cheap 3rd line and I'd still be paying about the same as one line with BT + Zen (about £5 per month more).

If anyone does know about having 2 lines with Sky any feedback on pricing would be appreciated.

There's multiple people in the house using lots of devices and bandwidth tends to get eaten up as soon as it's available!

Regards

Danny

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User AbandonShip
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 19-Jan-11 19:18:17
Print Post

I believe, you can only have one adsl service with one Sky account, and they won't allow you to open a second account at the same property in the same name. Might be worth trying to open a second account in a partners name.
Standard User tommy45
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 19-Jan-11 19:55:35
Print Post

[re: AbandonShip] [link to this post]

Yes only one sky line is possible as one or two ex ukonline customers found out recently

Standard User DannyD12
(newbie) Fri 21-Jan-11 11:57:36
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

Ok,

Cheers for the info all smile

Danny
Standard User DannyD12
(newbie) Fri 28-Jan-11 15:41:52
Print Post

Has anyone managed to get a 2nd line via putting it in the other halfs name etc.?

It works out as £21.25 for the unlimited broadband on a full LLU line without any TV package which is cheaper than TT for a start.
Standard User DannyD12
(newbie) Thu 03-Feb-11 18:11:39
Print Post

[re: AbandonShip] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by AbandonShip:
I believe, you can only have one adsl service with one Sky account, and they won't allow you to open a second account at the same property in the same name. Might be worth trying to open a second account in a partners name.

Just for anyone who might wander on to this thread. I tried getting a second resident to put in the order via their name and it still got rejected due to there already being a connection present at the same address frown Shame as it seems a good service so far.
Standard User NickyJ
(regular) Fri 25-Feb-11 09:38:29
Print Post

Glad to hear it is a good service, and that you got connected without a MAC code. As although I requested it before signing up to Sky, Talk Talk Business were too slow in generating it and now say they can't because of the Cease order.

Talk Talk Business staff say it won't be needed from the 7th March (when the cease order finishes so fingers crossed it will work OK)

My Broadband Speed Test
Currently with Talk Talk business (nee Freedom 2 Surf).
Switching to Sky.
Standard User DannyD12
(learned) Fri 25-Feb-11 12:04:24
Print Post

[re: NickyJ] [link to this post]

The cutover time was quite short as well which was good, I don't know the exact timings as I switched out my modem before they moved me over but it couldn't have been more than 2 hours.

Danny
  Print Thread

Jump to