User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Cobra001
(committed) Thu 27-Jan-11 02:13:37
Print Post

Sky Problems seem to be spreading - :(

[link to this post]

Hey, thought just drop a line, I and one of freinds in plymouth are both now having problems. We bother on LLU and unlimited package and both now getting major slow down. Getting around 1.5.2 mb during the day (speeds upto 6-7 now and then) come night (2 am +) get speeds of around 10.

Would advised anyone thinking of joining sky to delay until they resolved the problem
Standard User shaneosborne
(experienced) Thu 27-Jan-11 17:29:30
Print Post

Re: Sky Problems seem to be spreading - :(

[re: Cobra001] [link to this post]

Most likely a capacity problem, this is in fact stated on there website, may be worth checking if your exchange is affected...

http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/servicestatus

I've just checked and it's not showing any capacity problems but I reckon there is as there is no way they could fix this issue in one day. Yesterday, it listed approx 25 exchanges. It is possible they could have sorted it but I very much doubt it.
Standard User shaneosborne
(experienced) Thu 27-Jan-11 17:31:40
Print Post

[re: Cobra001] [link to this post]

Sky Broadband

We are aware that in a small number of exchanges some Sky Broadband Unlimited and Everyday Lite customers may be experiencing a reduction in broadband speeds. We are sorry for this disruption to our normal service. In some instances web browsing and downloads are taking longer than usual and customers may also notice this impacting on their Sky Anytime+ service.

This issue is partly due to significant increases in the number of new customers joining Sky Broadband in the areas listed below, combined with unplanned delays in the extra equipment we have ordered to accommodate them.

The affected areas are:

Cheshire and North Wales
Cumbria
Kidbrooke
Kent
Croydon
Leatherhead
Crawley
East Sussex
Stockton (covering Exchanges in Teesside, Durham and Yorkshire)
Hertfordshire

Outage start time: 20 Jan 2011 - 13:35

http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/servicestatus/messaged...

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User dibdab
(experienced) Fri 28-Jan-11 08:01:43
Print Post

[re: shaneosborne] [link to this post]

I've just signed up and have an activation date of the 3rd feb, but am already looking to where i will jump ship to if it's not sorted out within the month.

---------

Think for yourself..... Question Authority

Eclipse/F2S/Zen/IDnet/ O2 / Plusnet
  Print Thread

Jump to