User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User jake19uk
(newbie) Thu 24-Feb-11 18:38:19
Print Post

sky broadband fair use policy

[link to this post]

Hey im new to this broadband techy. I have been with sky broadband for 3 months now in january i got a letter from sky broadband saying your broadband usage is over our fair use policy of 150gb, It also sed that if i go over 150gb again sky may take action, I didnt think much of it but today got a phone call from a very rude lady at sky broadband fair use policy deportment sayin we are ceasing/cancellin your broadband from today 24/02/2011 because you have used 230gb. I sed to the lady you have no right to cancel my service she sed we can on under our fair use policy at sky of 150gb. I then ask her if i could just have a mac code or tranfer to number to bt she then sed no because im on LLU. I have no broadband now till the 10th of march which is when the cease is going to come off my line. I have spoke to a broadband company call vivaciti which the guy i spoke to was very helpfull. Defo going to go on the LLU unlimited. Anyone on that service? what is the gaming like on there?

thanks for reading

Jake
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Thu 24-Feb-11 19:09:06
Print Post

Re: sky broadband fair use policy

[re: jake19uk] [link to this post]

Why didn't you switch to Sky broadband unlimited?

______________________________________________________________________________attack_the_post_not_the_poster__________________
Standard User tommy45
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 24-Feb-11 19:15:45
Print Post

Well they adverse one product as unlimited and nowhere in the usage policy on their web site does say the "unlimited " is actually capped in any way, so if i was on the unlimited package, i would be making complaints first to sky in writing, and i would contact ofcom ,asa, as if what you say is true, they are misleading people bey saying it's truly unlimited when it's not, you could also contact their ADR people about it, are you Fully llu'd both phone &bb with sky? if so they are exempt from having to give you a mac, but nothing stopping you getting another isp, after you get the return to donor (back to bt) but you gotta get on to bt not the isp and it shouldn't take weeks, sounds like sky are really starting to struggle network wise, now expelling the heavy users
I found this from their help forumsSkyHelpForum

Edited by tommy45 (Thu 24-Feb-11 19:21:12)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jake19uk
(newbie) Thu 24-Feb-11 19:40:02
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

i was on sky broadband unlimited
Standard User NickyJ
(regular) Thu 24-Feb-11 19:51:03
Print Post

There advertising says they are truly unlimited.... I would be tempted to go to Ofcom with that (I think that is the right one?)

My Broadband Speed Test
Currently with Talk Talk business (nee Freedom 2 Surf).
Switching to Sky.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Thu 24-Feb-11 19:52:59
Print Post

In reply to a post by jake19uk:
i was on sky broadband unlimited
There's no FUP on Sky broadband unlimited.

______________________________________________________________________________attack_the_post_not_the_poster__________________
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 24-Feb-11 20:12:53
Print Post

As this is the first post ever , that I have seen invoking the Sky FUP , and for not a ridiculous amount of bandwidth , as in 100 not 1000 and also its from somebody with only a 2 post history ...

I'm going to have to file under "not sure " as I got friends on sky that regularly use over 150giga a month .

Vivaciti MurphX LLU
Standard User tommy45
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 24-Feb-11 20:15:41
Print Post

If the op has has his service terminated for d/l over 150gb then maybe they have secretly changed it, if so they can surely expect trouble, can't see em being that stupid somehow, but who knows?, more likely some misinformed cs staff wrongly have done this, if it where me i would be persueing itb further, never no if they have wrongly disconnected the op he may get some form of compo from them

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Thu 24-Feb-11 20:27:52
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by tommy45:
If the op has has his service terminated for d/l over 150gb then maybe they have secretly changed it,
I think the OP is mistaken wink

Standard User NickyJ
(regular) Thu 24-Feb-11 20:30:07
Print Post

Here we go:

http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/broadband/set-up/sky-b...

Extract from that page:

Sky Broadband Unlimited

Download speeds of up to 20Mb, upload speeds up to 1.3Mb per second and unlimited usage (with no fair use policy) allows the whole family to enjoy music, movies, and sports clips.

Take it up with Ofcom or trading standards. That is clearly a breach of their advertised T&C's

My Broadband Speed Test
Currently with Talk Talk business (nee Freedom 2 Surf).
Switching to Sky.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to