User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User bryhhh
(regular) Fri 25-Mar-11 21:12:03
Print Post

Sky LLU, where are you?

[link to this post]

What's the crack with the Sky LLU roll out? They seemed to continue rolling out about 12 months ago, but has again appeared to stop.

I'm not currently a Sky customer for any services, but I'm itching to join with a TV, Phone & Broadband package, but only once my local exchange is upgraded as I have zero interest in their 'connect' package.

My exchnage has more residential users than many exchanges that they've already upgraded? So what gives? Is there a way to register an interest, or some way of knowing when/if they will upgrade my local exchange?
Standard User Cobra001
(committed) Fri 25-Mar-11 22:46:12
Print Post

Re: Sky LLU, where are you?

[re: bryhhh] [link to this post]

cost and return on investment, it make better business sense to upgrade elsewhere
also FTTC will be coming outsoon, they won't want to be spending money on old tech
Standard User tobykim
(experienced) Fri 25-Mar-11 23:01:59
Print Post

[re: Cobra001] [link to this post]

Have you checked on the sky checker as well as samknows, samknows not always up to date

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mark777
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 26-Mar-11 00:37:15
Print Post

In reply to a post by bryhhh:
What's the crack with the Sky LLU roll out? They seemed to continue rolling out about 12 months ago, but has again appeared to stop.

I'm not currently a Sky customer for any services, but I'm itching to join with a TV, Phone & Broadband package, but only once my local exchange is upgraded as I have zero interest in their 'connect' package.

My exchnage has more residential users than many exchanges that they've already upgraded? So what gives? Is there a way to register an interest, or some way of knowing when/if they will upgrade my local exchange?

It is strange how they decide what exchanges they (sky) LLU? Like my exchange is not the most populous but they did it in October 2010! I only realised in December that Sky had upgraded my exchange.

Who knows what Sky's strategy is!

SKYBROADBANDLLU
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 26-Mar-11 00:40:16
Print Post

Where are you?

______________________________________________________________________________attack_the_post_not_the_poster__________________
Standard User NickyJ
(member) Sat 26-Mar-11 07:44:26
Print Post

I agree it does seem rather random. I am on the fordingbridge exchange when I signed up to sky talk in Oct 2010 I asked and they had no plans to upgrade the exchange. In january I checked samknows as my speeds had suddenly dropped massively and discovered they had unbundled the exchange and not told anybody, no advertising or anything.

My friend in Weymouth had similar experience and said that sky finally
got around to adevertising 9 months after doing the upgrade.

My Broadband Speed TestMy Broadband Speed Test
Just switched from Talk Talk business (nee Freedom 2 Surf) to Sky.
Standard User R0per
(committed) Sat 26-Mar-11 15:34:56
Print Post

It is odd, not sure how they decide. Mine was done within the last few months and serves a relatively small number of customers. I guess it could be based on the percentage of existing sky customers they already have in an area.
Standard User bryhhh
(regular) Sat 26-Mar-11 16:32:06
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

LCHEY, and the sky checker and samknows both say not available.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User NilSatisOptimum
(learned) Sat 26-Mar-11 17:20:46
Print Post

Sky unbundled my exchange 2wks ago and TT back in August.

My views are my experiences.
Standard User bryhhh
(regular) Sat 26-Mar-11 17:46:42
Print Post

[re: NilSatisOptimum] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by NilSatisOptimum:
Sky unbundled my exchange 2wks ago and TT back in August.

Thanks, good to hear it is still going on then, as sam knows hasn't shown any updates in about 9 months.

Edit: Just checked some other recently upgraded exchanges on these forums, and Sam Knows has been updated, but doesn't show an update date, the field is blank. The last updated date is July 2010.

My Broadband Speed Test

Edited by bryhhh (Sat 26-Mar-11 18:02:27)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to