User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Lemzip
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 28-Mar-11 19:04:37
Print Post

Sky line..£100??

[link to this post]

Well i was looking at ordering a second line from Sky for LLU.

Ge to the point of ordering and it tells me i need to ring up and order over the phone, fine as im an exisiting customer. So i ring and reason is i have two accounts linked to me so have to order everything over the phone to ensure it goes to the right account (other account was at my old property like 5+ years ago)

Anyway, online it was showing as a £10 charge for a new line as i did not want to get rid of my Talktalk line, only get another one. Now as i have a active phone service, sky want £100 for a line?

Any ideas? I am stuck now and cannot order online due to the dual accounts and cs want 100 for something that is only £10 who say they ''dont have a active line'' which my second line is (old line for business from previous tenants)

Ways forward people?

thanks
Standard User bryhhh
(regular) Mon 28-Mar-11 19:16:41
Print Post

Re: Sky line..£100??

[re: Lemzip] [link to this post]

If I understand you correctly, you are after a new line installing (or an existing, unused, line connecting).

BT Open Reach usually charge around £125 per new connection IIRC, so if you are getting that for £100, then you've saved £25 off the normal price.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User Lemzip
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 28-Mar-11 19:19:55
Print Post

[re: bryhhh] [link to this post]

sure fair enough but the fact is they offer it for £10 so why the difference if you have a exisiting line even if it is connected or not, should not make a difference to sky as you getting a second line with them and this is disconnected.

What i dont get is say if i had no line active sky would do it for £10 but as i have a TT line (which is no way in connection to sky) its £100, makes no sense as sky dont loose/gain anything different.

Edited by Lemzip (Mon 28-Mar-11 19:23:03)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Mon 28-Mar-11 19:26:19
Print Post

Order a 3rd line?

______________________________________________________________________________attack_the_post_not_the_poster__________________
Standard User Lemzip
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 28-Mar-11 19:28:36
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

same effect, £100 just cause i have a active phone line already in the property....i dont get it at all lol.

Wish i could just order online, perhaps if i order as a new customer as just phone/broadband and get it in my nam einstead of the mrs name that would be okay by them lol.

Would only loose £2.50 a month, im stopping smoking so they can contribute to it.
Standard User NickyJ
(member) Mon 28-Mar-11 21:18:07
Print Post

How much would Talk Talk charge to give you the second line?

You could switch your existing line to Sky and then get Talk Talk to activate the second line if that is cheaper and you want to keep a talk talk line?

My Broadband Speed TestMy Broadband Speed Test
Just switched from Talk Talk business (nee Freedom 2 Surf) to Sky.
Standard User DannyD12
(regular) Mon 28-Mar-11 21:47:36
Print Post

They won't allow you to have 2 accounts at the same address. I don't know what I'd do in your situation I had a BT line with Zen linked to my sky account and got a new line with TT and then switched the BT line to Sky.

Nickys suggestion may work if your out of contract with TT otherwise you'll have to suck it up unless you can persuade Sky to drop the £100 charge. A new TT line is £79.99 with a £50.00 credit, if you're fully LLU with TT changing could be a pain though.

I tried to get a third line via my other halfs name and they wouldn't allow two sky accounts at the same property.
Standard User acpsd775
(regular) Mon 28-Mar-11 21:56:14
Print Post

Hi my friend recently enquired to do the same as you but with o2/sky they told him the £10 online was on the presumption you already have a line at your property to activate and that if you want a second line physically installing its a £100 charge to cover the BT charges for engineer etc.

Ash

-------------------------------------------------------------
Virgin Media 50Mb/s
[IMG]http://speed.io/pics/4107/0447/speed.io.png[/IMG]

2004: Blueyonder 256k/512k => 2006: Blueyonder 2Meg => 2009 Virgin Media 10Meg => 2009/10 Virgin Media 50Meg => 21/04/2011 sky Unlimited

Desktop 1 Intel Core i5 2500 4gig DDr3 1333 64GB SSD 250gig sata 3 HDD 1TB sata 2 HDD Blu-ray RW Nvidia 8800GTS Win 7 Pro
Desktop 2 Intel Atom 330 2gig DDR2 677 250gig sata 2 HDD DVD-RW Win 7 Pro
Desktop 3 AMD Phenom 9500 2gig DDR2 677 500gig Sata2 HDD DVD-RW No specific os (test machine)
Standard User Lemzip
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 28-Mar-11 22:27:36
Print Post

[re: acpsd775] [link to this post]

Hi

There is a line here, not turned on but it is another master socket, no idea if that if classed as a line ready to activate.
Standard User Lemzip
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 28-Mar-11 22:30:30
Print Post

[re: NickyJ] [link to this post]

what a pain

other option is cancel sky contract and get the tripple play setup with telly/talk/adsl.

No probs with that as the install time for sky is 3 days here at the moment.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to