Just read your other post where you say lots of your brothers stuff is all connected to it wirelessly including a laptop, xbox, iphone etc.
The IP conflict is there and you do need to assign your mothers computer a static IP address.
1. Using your right mouse button click on the 2 flashing computer monitors at the bottom right of the screen and select NETWORK CONNECTIONS.
2. Using the right mouse button, click on the network adaptor which is used to connect to the internet and select properties.
3. In the middle scroll down to INTERNET PROTOCOL (TCP/IP) and click on it with your right mouse button to high light it, and then click on properties.
4. You need to select USE THE FOLLOWING IP ADDRESS and the USE THE FOLLOWING DNS SERVER.
5. ENTER the following numbers
IP Address 192.168.0.50
SUBNET 255.255.255.255 ( should popup automatically )
Default Gateway 192.168.0.1
Prefered DNS Server 192.168.0.1
Prefered DNS Server LEAVE IT BLANK
6. Click OK and it should now always use the new IP address.
I believe those numbers should be correct for netgear, but without the ipconfig its only a theoreticle guess.
Edited by wanapoo (Tue 26-Apr-11 12:01:22)