User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Tox_Laximus
(member) Tue 31-May-11 10:01:46
Print Post

No router!

[link to this post]

My contract starts with sky on the 1st, and no router, and I see they have been sending routers out that don't work due to narked wifi and mer/pppoa glitch.

I was with sky 2 years ago and still have the old dg834gt router and ripped the login/pass from it, so I was wandering if the pass will be still the same even though I left for 2 years.

I want to use a dg843g until sky sends me a router, this could be weeks or even months.

I think its reasonable to do this but sky is not reasonable and won't give customers the login/pass even though the fault is theirs.

In reply to a post by Zen:
We don't sell pork pies?
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Tue 31-May-11 10:20:59
Print Post

Re: No router!

[re: Tox_Laximus] [link to this post]

As you have been with them before the original router should work (and therefore the username/password from it should work when using another router). In fact, when I rejoined Sky they never sent a new router because I had already been provided with one before (so you may not get a new one through at all unless you specifically requested it).
(member) Tue 31-May-11 10:44:06
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

They are sending a new one, its in the order tracking as currently processing, they said 10 days, which is about a week after activation if I'm lucky.

I think it would be better to use the old sky router until the new one comes.

We don't sell pork pies?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(member) Tue 31-May-11 11:08:01
Print Post

Router was delivered just now, its a d-link with psu, but no filters or cables, I got a stack of both so I will let them off for now, the delivery bloke rang the doorbell twice which used a lot of unnecessary battery power, now my doorbell will have one less ring which I suppose sky don't give a monkeys about either.

So its not a dreaded sagem, is d-link good, have sky narked them too?

We don't sell pork pies?
Standard User tonym
(member) Tue 31-May-11 14:49:55
Print Post

In reply to a post by Tox_Laximus:
the delivery bloke rang the doorbell twice which used a lot of unnecessary battery power,

He must have had the hump to ring the doorbell twice, normally its once and leave a card

tonym
Standard User iand
(experienced) Tue 31-May-11 18:34:13
Print Post

ah, but does it work?

IanD
(member) Wed 01-Jun-11 12:25:56
Print Post

[re: iand] [link to this post]

OMG, sky finally sent me something that works!

We don't sell pork pies?
Standard User NickyJ
(member) Fri 10-Jun-11 09:28:02
Print Post

I have the d-link. It is fine. Range is reasonable as well. Might be worth checking on your noise levels though. I just used my old microfilters and didn't bother using the new ones sent (or the new cables) as it was easier just to switch in the router. However they were quite noisey filters, and that caused my synch speed to be about 4Mbps. When I switched in the new ones, it improved considerably (the noise) so I got on the phone to them to ask them to restart the training, after lots of insistance, a techy person did some magic their end, and you can see my synch speeds.

I need to download a little app to extract my username and password, I had no trouble loading that onto my old router just to be sure I have a backup

My Broadband Speed TestMy Broadband Speed Test
Just switched from Talk Talk business (nee Freedom 2 Surf) to Sky.
  Print Thread

Jump to