User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User seegs
(newbie) Wed 01-Jun-11 21:21:34
Print Post

what to expect from installation

[link to this post]

I'm moving in a couple of weeks and my VirginTV/Fibre Broadband is not available in the new building so I have decided to switch to Sky. I ordered SkyTV, Sky Line Rental and Sky Unlimited Broadband. So far so good, received a call one hour later to confirm details. There is a phoneline in the flat right now already through BT or Sky (he wasn't sure) and a communal dish on the building for the TV.

My fear is the prolonged wait for the phone line and the router to be delivered. He said 10-14 days for the phone and 14 days for the router after. Does it actually take this long? Is there any way to accelerate this process. I find it shocking that the router takes so long to be delivered. Will I be paying for service over this month as well? I find that a bit ridiculous to say the least.

Can anyone put me at ease?
Standard User iand
(experienced) Thu 02-Jun-11 18:45:50
Print Post

Re: what to expect from installation

[re: seegs] [link to this post]

from the message boards, there is a delay on router deliveries. Used to be 2-3 days..

IanD
Standard User NickyJ
(member) Fri 10-Jun-11 09:36:05
Print Post

Re: what to expect from installation

[re: seegs] [link to this post]

They send the router recorded delivery from memory. If you don't have the router before activation, I would use this to ask for a rebate if they charge you for when you can't use the service. Let me know how you get on. I did this with Freedom 2 surf, when we were being switched from 512K to fastest available I ended up with over all a 3 week down time, when I requested a refund this was honoured without any problem, I am hoping that Sky will prove just as accomodating.

My Broadband Speed TestMy Broadband Speed Test
Just switched from Talk Talk business (nee Freedom 2 Surf) to Sky.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to