User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Tox_Laximus
(member) Fri 03-Jun-11 09:57:01
Print Post

Have to give them credit

[link to this post]

Just moved to skyBB and have to say all the equipment arrived in time and works (apart from no filters and ethernet cables), and the speed is not to bad either.

Anytime+ is quite good too.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User aaron
(member) Fri 03-Jun-11 13:32:03
Print Post

Re: Have to give them credit

[re: Tox_Laximus] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Tox_Laximus:
Just moved to skyBB and have to say all the equipment arrived in time and works (apart from no filters and ethernet cables), and the speed is not to bad either.

Anytime+ is quite good too.

What router did they provide and what was your activation date?

If it was today you should (hopefully) get faster speeds as the start DSL training on your line for up to 10 days.
Standard User wingco1
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 03-Jun-11 14:40:33
Print Post

A friend of mine recently joined and received the sagem router with filters and ethernet cable. I would suspect, no filters or Ethernet cable means a refurbished router.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(member) Fri 03-Jun-11 14:55:31
Print Post

[re: aaron] [link to this post]

d-link router, and activation was the 1st, 2 days ago.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 04-Jun-11 10:35:17
Print Post

[re: wingco1] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by wingco1:
A friend of mine recently joined and received the sagem router with filters and ethernet cable. I would suspect, no filters or Ethernet cable means a refurbished router.

some penny pinching going on , i would be deeply unhappy as a new customer being sent reconditioned equipment on signing a 12 month contract .

As a existing customer with a faulty router , i would not be aggrieved to receive reconditioned equipment as a replacement , as long as there was no cost involved , obviously .

Vivaciti MurphX LLU
Standard User undecidedadrian
(regular) Sat 04-Jun-11 11:33:29
Print Post

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

Well there has been a major problem with the Sky sagem routers they have been sending out since February.

Due to an awful firmware with a ton of bugs Sky were at first denying any problems with the routers and were sending out more and more replacements out. This meant that they were out of stock on all routers for a fair while.

This means new customers were having to get refurbs as there was no stock they could send them.

Only in the last couple of weeks have sky been sending out new firmware updates via an automatic update to fix all the problems.

So well done Sky 4 months to fix a problem that shouldn't have been there in the first place and it has cost them a large chunk of money in sending out multiple routers per customer.
(member) Sat 04-Jun-11 11:36:27
Print Post

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

At the end of the day it works, and there is some issues with sagem routers still.

I did get the sky cd with the router, but I'm not daft enough to install any of the stuff on that tongue

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User Squirrel
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 04-Jun-11 14:47:22
Print Post

[re: undecidedadrian] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by undecidedadrian:
So well done Sky 4 months to fix a problem that shouldn't have been there in the first place and it has cost them a large chunk of money in sending out multiple routers per customer.

Does anyone design a product with a problem that should be there in the first place ?

Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 04-Jun-11 15:30:36
Print Post

If your router breaks with in the 12 months , Sky replace , no questions asked .

If it breaks out side the 12 months , they will try and charge for a replacement . to this date i have not known anybody silly enough to pay the replacement charge but all the same , with that type of attitude they should be sending new router to new customers and free refurbished router to existing customers IMHO .

A threat to cancel with Sky normally changes what ever your not happy with , with in reason .

Vivaciti MurphX LLU
(member) Sat 04-Jun-11 22:45:45
Print Post

[re: undecidedadrian] [link to this post]

There is really no excuse for them taking 4 months for a firmware update, I'm sure a competent coder could patch it up in a few days, and they could of send a download link to customers who's routers won't update on their own.

Broadband in not a infant anymore, they have had plenty of time to get their act together.

My Broadband Speed Test
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to