User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User kojak
(regular) Tue 21-Jun-11 22:31:01
Print Post

11mb for nine months 6mb now

[link to this post]

I am with Sky Broadband and phone and have been for the last 9 months. On Sunday my broadband kept disconnecting for no reason I thought it was Sky issue with their exchange. So I telephoned Sky tonight and told them my line kept disconnecting and that my speed has drop and I was getting 11mb constant speed till Sunday, he told me my line couldnít support 11mb and that my broadband was like a carrier bag and it had burst (what can you say to that) now I must have been on the phone 5 minutes and in that time my connection was now constant and I am now only getting 6mb which is now [censored] because itís like half of what I was getting and surely Sky was to blame for my disconnection has anyone else had this problem.

My year is up in September so I will leave and go with someone else for my phone and broadband
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Tue 21-Jun-11 22:34:01
Print Post

Re: 11mb for nine months 6mb now

[re: kojak] [link to this post]

Sounds like you have a problem with the connection at your house rather than the exchange. Can you post your line stats reported by your router?

______________________________________________________________________________attack_the_post_not_the_poster__________________
Standard User kojak
(regular) Tue 21-Jun-11 22:39:52
Print Post

[re: kojak] [link to this post]

DownStream Connection Speed 8190
UpStream Connection Speed 412

Before I spoke to Sky my speed was a lot less than 1mb and was dissconecting all the time when i phoned to speak about the problem my line became constant and i was told my line would be rejuced it all seem like pie in the Sky to me.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Tue 21-Jun-11 22:43:39
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Have you got any numbers for Line attenuation and SNR margin?

What sky package you on - Connect?

______________________________________________________________________________attack_the_post_not_the_poster__________________
Standard User uno
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 21-Jun-11 22:53:42
Print Post

Unlikely to be connect as above 8128k, unless they've started using 21CN 2+ wink

Matt

-
uno Broadband
t: 0808 221 8642
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Manchester Speedtest.net Host

Edited by uno (Tue 21-Jun-11 22:54:15)

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Tue 21-Jun-11 22:55:12
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

I wonder if Sky have now capped the sync at that, or if the SNR is on the limit?

Standard User uno
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 21-Jun-11 22:55:53
Print Post

Impossible to say with*out* the SNR/atten figures, but looks like an odd total to be capped at.

Matt

-
uno Broadband
t: 0808 221 8642
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Manchester Speedtest.net Host

Edited by uno (Tue 21-Jun-11 22:56:12)

Standard User mark777
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 22-Jun-11 09:40:50
Print Post

he told me my line couldnít support 11mb and that my broadband was like a carrier bag and it had burst (what can you say to that)

That made me chuckle to be fair smile

Never heard that before!

SKYBROADBANDLLU
  Print Thread

Jump to