User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User lt567
(member) Sun 10-Jul-11 11:38:02
Print Post

Changing from TalkTalk to Sky

[link to this post]

Hi folks,

I currently have TalkTalk LLU installed at my home, and now Sky is in my area I have just ordered that for phone and internet. As my phone line was with TalkTalk i had to pay Sky a one off new line charge. However it's going to give my house a new telephone number, and just wondering if it's possible to keep the same number as I had with TalkTalk?

Thanks.
Standard User Lemzip
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 11-Jul-11 00:44:19
Print Post

Re: Changing from TalkTalk to Sky

[re: lt567] [link to this post]

in reality, there is a process to move over from one LLU to a second LLU however it is easier to provide a new line.

You wont be able to keep your existing number unless you do a return to donor (which you are not it seems)

Sky have taken the easy way to provide you a new line, but in reality they could do it the proper way.

Wonder how long this practice will keep up?
Standard User rich1068
(member) Mon 11-Jul-11 09:28:02
Print Post

[re: Lemzip] [link to this post]

All sounds a bit odd. I've just moved from TalkTalk phone/Be broadband to everything from Sky and didn't have to pay anyone anything. I even kept my number.

Rich.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Mon 11-Jul-11 10:53:43
Print Post

[re: rich1068] [link to this post]

What we need is a decent landline migration process, equivalent to MAC for broadband and PAC for mobile phones. Hello OFCOM!

Oliver.
Standard User lt567
(member) Wed 13-Jul-11 11:52:04
Print Post

[re: Lemzip] [link to this post]

Well I got a letter yesterday from TalkTalk informing me "they received a request to transfer your service to another provider and therefore a notice to cancel". The day after I got a letter from Sky saying we are aware you already have an unbundled phone service at your property, and will be transferring to Sky on July the 22nd. So there might be a possibility, but will have to wait and see.
Standard User Lemzip
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 13-Jul-11 23:27:40
Print Post

[re: lt567] [link to this post]

sounds promising, let us know how you get on smile
  Print Thread

Jump to