User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User MikeL
(regular) Mon 25-Jul-11 20:15:50
Print Post

Sky getting laggy the last week or so

[link to this post]

Hi

My connection has gone from 2mbps to 1.5mbps in the last month or so, but in the last week it has been getting laggy when moving from one webpage to another, and signing into msn messenger etc. Nothing has changed, has anyone else noticed this? I did a long reset of my sagem router, it goes from MER to PPPOA, I did used to have some problems with downloads cutting out on MER but its been MER for months and months now and seemed to be working fine until recently. Its still got this laggy problem though on PPPOA.

Thanks
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 26-Jul-11 10:13:03
Print Post

Re: Sky getting laggy the last week or so

[re: MikeL] [link to this post]

If downloads run reasonably fast, but webpages are slow to open then consider trying different DNS servers.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Technode_
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 28-Jul-11 20:28:54
Print Post

Last 2 days been awful

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User spongebobhims
(newbie) Thu 28-Jul-11 21:15:00
Print Post

I have noticed the same thing and web streaming is getting near impossible for anything remotely high quality.

SO BYE BYE SKY!!! Mac requested and they Did not sound surprised by it, lets hope it arrives.

Standard User white43
(member) Fri 29-Jul-11 13:41:58
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I'm using OpenDNS and I've felt that browsing seems to have slowed somewhat lately - although my speeds are still reporting somewhat similar to previous speeds.

I think it's a little knee-jerk to quit Sky at the first sign of some lagging. Besides, I'm locked in until the end of this year anyway I think.

-----
Virgin ADSL > F2S > Enta/ADSL24 > O-Bit/Vivaciti > AAISP > Sky Unlimited
D-Link DSL 2640S

[IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/979136501.png[/IMG]
Standard User MikeL
(regular) Sun 31-Jul-11 16:37:51
Print Post

Its been terrible today, almost un-usable. I click on something and nothing happens or a page loads very slowly, or it goes to a timeout/error page. Been with Sky for years and known nothing like it!

Even affecting downloads now, I'm sure one stopped for a while then started up again, yet I didn't drop connection.

Yet Non Peak times it seems normal,
(newbie) Sun 31-Jul-11 17:42:17
Print Post

I completly agree on that downloads were terrible yesterday and are just as bad today, i have noticed that trying to stream anything above a medium quality tends to buffer and kill the net completly.

Also sky's terrible DLM keeps kicking my sync down every night 5600 ish before 11PM and then almost on the button down to 4500 or lower. I must add this line was recently running fine on a 6600 + sync 24/7 with sky's DLM killed but they refused to even look at it when i reported my recent issues hence why i got my MAC and will soon be on VIVACITI LLU (really hopeing it will be better)

Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Sun 31-Jul-11 23:16:56
Print Post

[re: spongebobhims] [link to this post]

Might be an idea to start mentioning what telephone exchanges you use, to get an idea if this a geographic issue.

Oliver.
(newbie) Mon 01-Aug-11 08:01:12
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

I'm on the Yeovil exchange, its never gone wrong before and i dont think we have ever had a SKY outage either.
Standard User lt567
(member) Sat 13-Aug-11 11:06:27
Print Post

I'm glad to know I am not the only one with this problem, the past 3 days I have been having major problems using web pages. I use Open DNS as well so the problem seems to lie within Sky.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to