User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User aau89
(newbie) Wed 07-Sep-11 07:52:53
Print Post

JUST FROM O2. INFO NEEDED>

[link to this post]

hi
ive just moved from o2 yesterday i know i have to wait around 10 days for line speed to sort it self out. on o2 i got around 16meg on sky at the monent only says 5meg( i hope does go up) my question is, do i download as much as possible to get speed higher or do i download nothing until after the 10 days is up. if it doesnt go up is there anything i can do. estimated line speed is upto 20meg.
Standard User BuckleZ
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 07-Sep-11 09:13:48
Print Post

Re: JUST FROM O2. INFO NEEDED>

[re: aau89] [link to this post]

DLM Will kick in itself... make sure not to turn on/off router etc if possible as this can have a negative effect..

When i started on Sky the speed took its first jump up after around 12-24hrs was a resync at 1am.

BT Infinity
~200m from NILDW PCP21
40000/10000 Sync
Standard User iand
(experienced) Thu 08-Sep-11 17:37:37
Print Post

When I moved about 2 mths ago the line started at 4M and then over the next new days it started to move up. I would just wait and see what happend over the next 10 days. You should end up with a download SNR of around 7.

IanD

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User aau89
(newbie) Thu 08-Sep-11 20:50:18
Print Post

[re: iand] [link to this post]

hi
thanks for the replies, still at 5 meg but will wait till after the 10 days to start getting worried.
Standard User mikeyboi
(member) Mon 12-Sep-11 13:54:36
Print Post

I was with O2 last year and got a sync of around 17000kbps, moved to sky a couple of weeks ago started out at 4mb then worked its way up and by day 6 i was back on 17022kbps sync speed.

Mikey

Print Thread

Jump to