User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User jen06
(newbie) Tue 20-Sep-11 16:20:55
Print Post

Advice on moving to Sky please

[link to this post]

I am currently with Pipex Homecall and have been with them for years with no problems. I get quite a good download speed of between 10 and 13 meg so cant complain, however I have just received the letter telling me they are moving to Talk Talk whom I know have got a terrible reputation. I have contacted them for a MAC code and have been in touch with Sky who informs me my local exchange is LLU enabled and I 'should' be able to keep my phone number if I were to move. I must admit I am quite interested in having Sky Anytime+ plus but just dont know if it is worth the hassle of moving whilst I am not experiencing any probs. Sky does work out a bit cheaper, but I have read so many horror stories about people being weeks without the internet etc. and slow download speeds, I cant decide what to do for the best. I would really appreciate any advice.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 20-Sep-11 16:47:08
Print Post

Re: Advice on moving to Sky please

[re: jen06] [link to this post]

The move from Pipex Homecall to TalkTalk if you do nothing cold go wrong, as could a move to Sky, which do gamble on?

TalkTalk in terms of speed will pretty much be the same as the Pipex, and the move might actually be very smooth, depends on how old the pipex hardware you are on is at the exchange.

Both services will be full LLU, i.e. rental and BB via the Talktalk or Sky hardware, so a toss up.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User iand
(experienced) Thu 22-Sep-11 17:50:42
Print Post

have sky for anytime+. In the end the anytime+ was not actually worth it. Make your decision on £cost and what download capacity you need.

IanD

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ash76
(regular) Thu 22-Sep-11 18:13:49
Print Post

Have you used the Thinkbroadband tool to compare your two shortlisted ISPs?
I just have and the customer winner, between Sky and TalkTalk, is clear.
  Print Thread

Jump to