User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User InQ
(member) Tue 11-Oct-11 13:05:17
Print Post

Future Sky LLU upgrades information

[link to this post]

Do Sky list future exchanges they are planning on installing their own equipment in?

On Samknows my current exchange (Hoghton) has TalkTalk down for installing their LLU equipment by 30th Oct but nobody elses is listed as planned and there are no other LLU providers.....not sure how up to date Samknows is though.
Standard User NilSatisOptimum
(member) Tue 11-Oct-11 13:27:15
Print Post

Re: Future Sky LLU upgrades information

[re: InQ] [link to this post]

I'm not aware there is a list, however from my experience, with two exchanges near me, once TT unbundled Sky also did days afterwards. They are all competing against each other along with Bts 21cn, they all play the game of cat & mouse daring each other to go first.

I'm alright Jack....
Standard User stumpy2011
(newbie) Sun 23-Oct-11 05:12:20
Print Post

[re: NilSatisOptimum] [link to this post]

I'm really confused now. Last week samknows showed that TT would have my exchange unbundled by 30/11/2011 but TT knew nothing about it and their checker still says unplanned. Now out of the blue, it shows that Sky have already unbundled it, yet sky say they haven't. I have contacted samknows and they say that the information shown is correct as they get it from the ISP's. [censored] is going on???

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ScubaGirl
(newbie) Tue 29-Nov-11 22:51:40
Print Post

[re: InQ] [link to this post]

I have read elsewhere that Sky do send a list periodically to SamKnows, but they do not provide any planned dates.

Sky have been rolling their equipment out in more telephone exchanges in the past year, and SamKnows has been keeping their database up to date once Sky have notified them that the job has been completed.

One major issue has been Sky sales staff telling people that their exchange will be unbundled within the next 3 months. They have sold the Sky BB Connect package on this basis, promising the the Unlimited package will be available soon. From many comments elsewhere and personal experience when attempting to sign up a friend, I would not believe these comments anymore.
Standard User ccxo
(member) Wed 30-Nov-11 14:57:28
Print Post

[re: ScubaGirl] [link to this post]

Sam Know's has told me that TT for instance sends their information about once a month, would be similar for Sky etc, my area has seen both BT upgrading exchanges to 21CN and TT LLU others waiting to see when Sky will join in.

My Broadband Speed Test
  Print Thread

Jump to