User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User doct
(newbie) Wed 07-Dec-11 12:29:32
Print Post

Moving to Sky Broadband

[link to this post]

Just to share my experience in moving to sky from virgin. I decided to move to sky as I had Sky TV since 2000 and prefer sky TV to Virgin and to save few quids. I agreed the package including multiroom and sky phoneline and unlimited broadband on 26th September and was given a date in about two weeks for BT line instalation the engineer never turned up but got email saying engineer could not acces the property and demanding £125 for revisit. By this time sky engineers has installed their eqipment and I have cancelled my conract with virgin from about 3weeks after phoneline instalation date. I was told it will take upto 2 weeks to activate broadband. After complaining Sky agreed to arrange another instalation of phone line. I phoned Virgin about continuing with broadband till the sky broadband is installed they refused as long as I have got a porting date on my phoneline which was the orginal instalation date. Sky refused to remove it saying only way around this is to cancel my order then talk to virgin and reorder sky broadband. This was done Virgin agree to continue phone and broadband and ask me to give one month notice to cancel. Sky phone line was installed on 9th of November but two days before my Virgin broadband stopped working. Several calls to Virgin they gave different reasons but eventualy said my contract is cancelled only way to get virgin broadband is a new one year contract. When I phoned Sky I was told broadband should be working in two weeks. So I brought a 3G dongle for my son doing A'levels. Two weeks later no internet phoned Sky who said they will get back to me next day. Phone again next day says something wrong with the order and will take 72hrs to sort it out. Then I got a email from sky saying my order is cancelled. Phone them and asked to reorder which was done but was not sure I will get my orginal deal. Had a email giving an activation date by 12th December phoned again to see if this can be brought forward but it was beyond their control still did not know what went wrong but at least accepted it is unacceptable and after discussion with the manager offered £20 credit and 25% discount for the TV package for 3 months and informed most likely I should get broadband activated well before 12th. Dongle cost mounting and still no activation!!
Moderator Sadoldman
(moderator) Wed 14-Dec-11 07:35:10
Print Post

Re: Moving to Sky Broadband

[re: doct] [link to this post]

Just a gentle hint that using paragraphs in your postings would make it far more reader friendly.

You don't have to..... but take it from me your post is hard to read set out as it is.

Sadoldman

Just a tad sad..a wee bit old...wink

don@thinkbroadband.com
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User doct
(newbie) Thu 15-Dec-11 12:00:31
Print Post

[re: Sadoldman] [link to this post]

Thanks Noted.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ScubaGirl
(newbie) Sat 17-Dec-11 09:14:36
Print Post

[re: doct] [link to this post]

Keep any receipts for the dongle.

Once you have finally been connected, you should then approach Sky and ask how you can go about claiming a refund for the cost of any top ups.

Unfortunately I can't guarantee how much you are likely to get back, so be careful.

Unfortunately it was a BTO Engineer who has let you down. I have heard similar stories occasionally posted on the web where a BTO engineer has not attempted to knock on the door, I assume he/she has gone elsewhere for another job and claimed that access to the customers property was not granted.

Perhaps he/she did knock and you didn't hear? More likely they got the wrong home.

A good method around this for anyone reading this thread is to make sure that someone has passed on a mobile phone number as a method of contact.
Standard User doct
(newbie) Sun 18-Dec-11 11:56:14
Print Post

[re: ScubaGirl] [link to this post]

Couple of weeks ago when I complained they put £20 on my account and offered 25% off my TV package for three months. It was the the inconvenience of not having service and no explanation why?
  Print Thread

Jump to