User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User jjewitt
(newbie) Tue 10-Jan-12 12:53:37
Print Post

please help I'm pulling my hair out

[link to this post]

I am due to go live with sky broadband on the 12th, i wish i never changed, when i put the order through i specifically asked for the sagem 2504n router and they said yes, i got delivered a 2304n which i have been told is an inferior router. I have been on the phone since numerous times and now they say that the 2304n and the 2504n are the same router, i have told them i want to cancel the whole package if they can't sort it out, does any one know who to contact that knows about the 2504n router, thanks
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 10-Jan-12 13:44:31
Print Post

Re: please help I'm pulling my hair out

[re: jjewitt] [link to this post]

Most of the difference seems to be that the 2304n is not fully N compliant, which given how flaky wireless is, and is to be avoided for things for xbox/PS3/Sky Box is not so big an issue.

Also even if running at G mode, you should manage 15 to 17 Mbps.

What specifically was it about the 2504n that makes is a must have for you?

Cancelling what would be a full LLU order, with under 48 hours to live, risks the order being cancelled, but the job may already be with the engineer and thus actually go ahead, leading to delays with no broadband or phone while trying to back out the changes and return you some other provider.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User jjewitt
(newbie) Tue 10-Jan-12 14:27:25
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Most of the difference seems to be that the 2304n is not fully N compliant, which given how flaky wireless is, and is to be avoided for things for xbox/PS3/Sky Box is not so big an issue.

Also even if running at G mode, you should manage 15 to 17 Mbps.

What specifically was it about the 2504n that makes is a must have for you?

Cancelling what would be a full LLU order, with under 48 hours to live, risks the order being cancelled, but the job may already be with the engineer and thus actually go ahead, leading to delays with no broadband or phone while trying to back out the changes and return you some other provider.

I just wanted the 2504n because i heard it was inferior, i don't want to be stuck with it for the next 12 month of the contract, by the way i need a xbox connected wirelessly

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jjewitt
(newbie) Tue 10-Jan-12 18:19:52
Print Post

now there saying the 2504n is not in circulation, this is crazy
Standard User acpsd775
(committed) Tue 10-Jan-12 18:43:23
Print Post

In reply to a post by jjewitt:
now there saying the 2504n is not in circulation, this is crazy

Altho this might not be what you want to here you could just use your own router use this site to get your username and password, thats what i did no matter what router you get with sky there all kinda [censored] thanks to there custom firmware, Ive been using my own router since after 10 days of getting sky and have no probs using it, Ive even used sky suport and told them i use my own router and they just said fari dos

Ash.

Sky + TalkTalk
-------------------------------------------------------------
2004: Blueyonder 256k/512k => 2006: Blueyonder 2Meg => 2009 Virgin Media 10Meg => 2009/10 Virgin Media 50Meg => 21/04/2011 sky Unlimited 9732kbps/ 796kbps (still active) => 30/9/11 Virgin Media 100Meg => 17/11/11 Talktalk 11105kbps/1020kbps

PSN: ACPSD775 add me if you like
Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Tue 10-Jan-12 19:09:11
Print Post

[re: acpsd775] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by acpsd775:
Altho this might not be what you want to here you could just use your own router use this site to get your username and password

Site is down.

Oliver.
Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Thu 15-Mar-12 22:40:39
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Oliver341:
In reply to a post by acpsd775:
Altho this might not be what you want to here you could just use your own router use this site to get your username and password

Site is down.

sorry for the late reply i never got an email to say youd replayed the site is back up now if your still intrested smile

Ash

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TalkTalk 11105kbps/1020kbps + 3UK MBB Via Samsung GS2 5252Kbps/1608Kbps
Standard User ukhardy07
(committed) Fri 16-Mar-12 03:43:57
Print Post

Having used both routers myself.

The only difference is a SLIGHTLY stronger wifi signal from the 2504n.

Other than this the 2504n is capable of faster wifi speeds.

However both routers can easily handle a broadband connection of over 30 mbps... (had these speeds via home networking)

So for a upto 20 mbps sky connection, both are FINE.

Don't worry and honestly you won't notice the difference when browsing websites.

Both routers are rock solid stable. You can plug them in and literally forget totally about them. They never crash etc. smile
  Print Thread

Jump to