User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User acpsd775
(committed) Sun 12-Feb-12 00:15:18
Print Post

Sky Support lol

[link to this post]

I just had a phone call to sky to acquire a bit of info on there FTTC been deciding weather to switch broadband or wait for there FTTC in April.

Anyway i asked the fella when they'll be accepting orders and he said exact words ""hold on a second ill just Google it right if you look at the first link on Google you'll see a page to register your interest""

all i could do not to laugh at how bad it is when a company has to Google for there own products was to quickly say ok thanks ill check that out byeee

2 seconds later burst into laughter

its just a lol moment that

Ash

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sky 9732kbps/ 796kbps + TalkTalk 11105kbps/1020kbps + 3UK MBB Via Samsung GS2 4157Kbps/1536Kbps
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 12-Feb-12 01:44:08
Print Post

Re: Sky Support lol

[re: acpsd775] [link to this post]

Large firms can actually use google to index their own internal pages, so as a phrase not the best, but might have been them accessing data otherwise not available to the public

For now the best answer is April 2012

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User acpsd775
(committed) Sun 12-Feb-12 02:10:16
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Large firms can actually use google to index their own internal pages, so as a phrase not the best, but might have been them accessing data otherwise not available to the public

For now the best answer is April 2012

he actually said though they haven't told us much info on the matter so ill google it lol

its like well i googled before i rung and all he had was well ring back in April for more info lol

Ash

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sky 9732kbps/ 796kbps + TalkTalk 11105kbps/1020kbps + 3UK MBB Via Samsung GS2 4157Kbps/1536Kbps

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 12-Feb-12 10:39:07
Print Post

[re: acpsd775] [link to this post]

It is not unusual for the front line people to be the last to be briefed.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Sun 12-Feb-12 11:04:33
Print Post

At least the support agent was being somewhat proactive. They could have just said "Sorry sir we have no further information at present".

Oliver.
Standard User acpsd775
(committed) Sun 12-Feb-12 14:10:49
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Oliver341:
At least the support agent was being somewhat proactive. They could have just said "Sorry sir we have no further information at present".

Yea that's true i suppose

Ash

Standard User gazter
(newbie) Fri 17-Feb-12 08:31:24
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

If it had been TalkTalk, they would have asked you to reset your router and suggest changing your filters.
Standard User omnius
(newbie) Wed 22-Feb-12 22:34:30
Print Post

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
It is not unusual for the front line people to be the last to be briefed.

LOL explains why i knew more about there FTTC service then the people who stopped me in town yesterday asking if id be interested in joining sky (seriously tho is there meny people now in a uncabled area who DONT have sky?)..... even told them to come look on this website wink

---------------------------

Yep i really am THAT thick
  Print Thread

Jump to