User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User madmart
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 14-Feb-12 21:20:24
Print Post

Moving Home Questions

[link to this post]

Hi,

Two quick questions .... smile

Just moved home, my line was due to go active on the 16th however came home today and I'm up and running. Do I still need the openreach Guy to come out or can I call cancel him?

Also I've got GREAT attenuation, 7dB and it looks very stable, can I put a ticket in to do away with all the messing about with line training?

Thanks in advance.

--
Mart.
Sky Unlimited
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 14-Feb-12 22:18:15
Print Post

Re: Moving Home Questions

[re: madmart] [link to this post]

Stable but at what sync speed? Their trainiing starts low and increases, so letting it run may be a good idea.

On the engineer, tell sky the BB and phone is working (have you checked the caller ID too by calling your mobile) and they can cancel the appointment if it is not already

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User madmart
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 15-Feb-12 13:16:37
Print Post

Re: Moving Home Questions

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Cheers Andrew,

Well at the moment I'm at the statuary 4 meg as I've just been connected, I was wondering if the line training period can be negated with a ticket...

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 4095 kbps 606 kbps
Line Attenuation 7.5 dB 6.6 dB
Noise Margin 16.5 dB 19.5 dB

I called Sky last night and they said I was still WIP, called again this morning and still got the same, I explained to the guy I was all up and running with the correct number and BB connection but he was still reluctant to cancel the engineer. We eventually came to a compromise that I wouldn't stay at home waiting as it was unlikely that a visit was required, and if for any reason the engineer did need access to the premises Sky would schedule another visit at their expense smile Sorted.

Really would like to negate line training though smile

--
Mart.
Sky Unlimited

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to