User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User cheredenine_77
(newbie) Tue 13-Mar-12 16:01:53
Print Post

Moving to Sky LLU from a BT ADSL service - process?

[link to this post]

I'm currently have a BT line and ADSL from AAISP. Can't fault the service, but given i can get line rental and broadband for less than the broadband from AAISP costs alone, i'm think its time to move on. Not sure on the process, however.

Local exchange has the Sky LLU equipment, so I'm assuming i'll be swapped over to a Sky phone line. Do i need to use a migration code to move from AAISP, or do i need to cancel with them before going to Sky? I've heard the latter and i'm wondering how best to do things to minimise disruption..

Thanks in advance for any advice!
Standard User Alex1M6
(learned) Tue 13-Mar-12 17:42:49
Print Post

Re: Moving to Sky LLU from a BT ADSL service - process?

[re: cheredenine_77] [link to this post]

Do yourself a favour and stay away from sky for broadband. Even on unlimited and using the master socket I experience peak time slowdowns and fluctuating pings (into the 100's of ms).
Standard User Janthril
(newbie) Tue 13-Mar-12 17:48:54
Print Post

[re: Alex1M6] [link to this post]

Contact Sky and they will guide you through the process.You need to let BT know you are leaving their phone and broadband services.I moved to Sky LLU and have had no problems whatsover so I think it must depend on the luck of the draw. I also found the staff extremely helpful.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User blackmesa8
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 13-Mar-12 20:46:34
Print Post

[re: cheredenine_77] [link to this post]

I moved from AAISP to SKY LLU early last year and have had no issues. I have never in all this time noticed any speed issues and i monitor connection heavily. It runs at linespeed whenever i download or do a speed test no matter what time of day. As for ping yes my pings have increased from what they were with AAISP but im not a gamer so it dont bother me. Also i got alot of interleaving on my line im sure i could get my ping lowered if i asked sky for a gaming profile.
On a good note on pings my mate who was the person who got me to move to sky in the first place who lives alot closer to the exchange than i do has a very good ping with them.

Blackmesa8
  Print Thread

Jump to