User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User tomxlisa
(newbie) Mon 09-Apr-12 03:00:16
Print Post

Contract

[link to this post]

Will i still be in a contract if i have moved home since having my broadband and telephone, i spoke to some woman on the phone before i moved and she said i would be automatically out of the contract when i move home, just want to make sure this is true, i had the sky tv when i moved to my new address so i can understand that i wouldn't be out the contract on that one.

Edited by tomxlisa (Mon 09-Apr-12 03:01:43)

Moderator Sadoldman
(moderator) Mon 09-Apr-12 09:48:36
Print Post

Re: Contract

[re: tomxlisa] [link to this post]

It will depend on what you signed up/agreed to. As I understand it all Sky contracts are initially for 12 months. They can be extended quite often for a further 12 months if you take one of their offers, reduced price/free for 6 months ect.

If you were out of contract (no special deals and over 12 months) when you moved for phone and broadband and did not renew it with the home move that Sky offer It would be reasonable to assume you have no contract other that the TV.

Sadoldman

Just a tad sad..a wee bit old...wink

don@thinkbroadband.com
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User tomxlisa
(newbie) Mon 09-Apr-12 18:02:32
Print Post

[re: Sadoldman] [link to this post]

I was in a contract with sky when i was at the old house, but when i spoke to the women on the phone about my home move, she said i would out of the contract when i moved to my new house, because of the move, i remember this cause i had a laugh with her saying if you want to be out of the sky contract early then, all you do is move house, i understand that i would be in contract with the tv as i got that when i was in my new house.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 09-Apr-12 19:15:33
Print Post

[re: tomxlisa] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by tomxlisa:
she said i would out of the contract when i moved to my new house, because of the move,
She doesn't even know her own T&Cs.
5. Changing your Address and telephone number
(a) You must tell us immediately of any changes to your Address or the telephone numbers you have provided to us.
(b) Unless condition 5(d) applies to you, if you change Address during your Minimum Term:
a. this Contract for your chosen Product will continue unless you exercise a right to end it under Condition 11.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
  Print Thread

Jump to