User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User jchamier
(knowledge is power) Sat 05-May-12 18:18:00
Print Post

Planning ahead

[link to this post]

Hi all,

This morning the roadworks.org site now indicates that BT are installing a NGA cabinet in my street at the end of the month.

So I'm thinking what do I need to do to be able to sign up with Sky's 80/20 service as soon as possible? My predicted speeds are 44 Mbps / 6.5 Mbps.

I have Sky TV; but BT phone and BE broadband, and the phone and broadband are long out of contract.

Anyone got any tips to share? including how to order the 80/20 ? smile

James - be* pro - 16.8 or 17.2mbps BQM
No FTTC cabinet yet (originally Mar 2011) THFB PCP 5 - hope for 21st May to 1 June !
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 05-May-12 18:41:00
Print Post

Re: Planning ahead

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

Some cabinets are in place for months before service is available from them, so don''t panic yet

Basically don't commit your self to any long contracts for phone and broadband. Current ordering of 80/20 in areas where Sky is providing is over the phone only, in 2 months that might have all changed.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User jchamier
(knowledge is power) Sat 05-May-12 19:26:41
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Some cabinets are in place for months before service is available from them, so don''t panic yet

Knowing my luck given this cab is about 14months behind all the others in my neighbourhood - that will happen to me smile

Basically don't commit your self to any long contracts for phone and broadband. Current ordering of 80/20 in areas where Sky is providing is over the phone only, in 2 months that might have all changed.

Understood - one reason I'm still with BT retail for phone is because I'd not decided which ISP yet. Sky keep sending me letters wanting me to take their ADSL2+ service and phone smile

James - be* pro - 16.8 or 17.2mbps BQM
No FTTC cabinet yet (originally Mar 2011) THFB PCP 5 - hope for 21st May to 1 June !

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User simon194
(regular) Thu 10-May-12 00:41:13
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

The cab my line connects to has been fully commissioned for 3 weeks but so far the silence from the cabinet is deafening. smile

Mind you since I can't order Sky's Pro Unlimited product yet, as I am an existing Sky BB customer, I'm not overly bothered.
  Print Thread

Jump to