User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User guvnor
(committed) Wed 23-May-12 13:13:47
Print Post

speed question

[link to this post]

Hi all

been with sky unlimited since last wednesday. dlm been working so far but noticed speeds havent changed since weekend.

stats
Connection Speed

15358 kbps
1105 kbps

Line Attenuation
down
16.5 dB
up
10.7 dB

Noise Margin
down
6.4 dB
up
8.9 dB

will dlm still raise my speed or should i have a higher sync?? (had 21-22mb with be* prior to this )

or will i have to wait til sunday when 10 days dlm has finished and contact sky to raise my speed if dlm doesnt continue ??

any help would be great
thanks
Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Wed 23-May-12 13:19:15
Print Post

Re: speed question

[re: guvnor] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by guvnor:
will dlm still raise my speed

Seems unlikely given your current noise margin.

In reply to a post by guvnor:
or will i have to wait til sunday when 10 days dlm has finished and contact sky to raise my speed if dlm doesnt continue ??

Yeah, try that. It's been suggested that Sky set the power output low on new lines and bump it up at the customer's request.

Oliver.

Edited by Oliver341 (Wed 23-May-12 13:19:42)

Standard User guvnor
(committed) Fri 25-May-12 17:13:09
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

well i noticed in my sky that dlm had fnished early .. bizarre .. set at 15meg

previously 22meg with be* in same house etc.. emailed sky asking to manually config .. just a stupid reply from c/s .. rang them and a guy tweaked abit and got it to 16 meg . said dlm still working and to call back sunday when its ment to be done and they'll see what they can do ...

dissappointed in sky really ... how i can lose 6 meg inside 2 months on the same line and filters .. will look into the cooling off period i think and maybe get sgut now after the c/s or lack of it

what happens if i use the cooling off period to cancel - would i see downtime on internet and calls??? or would it be a case of a new reprovision to move from sky already ??

any help would be great

Edited by guvnor (Fri 25-May-12 17:26:35)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Mot
(committed) Sat 26-May-12 08:57:16
Print Post

[re: guvnor] [link to this post]

I had the same moving from o2 to Sky, went from 16 to 11Mbit sync

Call up and ask just be placed the highest profile they have, it should allow your line to sync at whatever it's capable of. You'll need to get an almost competent person on the phone.
Be wary though, any noise or faults and DLM stamps on your line again (I found this out tweaking my SNR)
  Print Thread

Jump to