User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Dclawson
(newbie) Mon 04-Jun-12 20:53:13
Print Post

Sky Fibre Optic addition to my Sky HD.

[link to this post]

Hi all,

I am currently a sky tv customer (HD, Movies & Sport) paying around £64 pm for this.

My current broadband connection is 8mb virgin (adsl.virgin.net). Due to constant drop outs and poor speeds I am upgrading to a better ISP.

Should I be able to get broadband for cheaper since I have a top sky package? I am torn between BT Infinity fibre optic & sky's package although I've heard good things about sky fibre.

Has anybody had any deals through sky for similar packages.

Thanks for your advice
Standard User Kr1s69
(knowledge is power) Mon 04-Jun-12 21:51:23
Print Post

Re: Sky Fibre Optic addition to my Sky HD.

[re: Dclawson] [link to this post]

There no discounts on the broadband for taking TV. The only discount is £5 off broadband for taking calls - however even then this only applies to ADSL rather then fibre.

I would sugest reading up on BT Vision services and threaten to leave if they don't give you a good deal on the fibre, even if you don't have any real intention of leaving.

Note that in addtion to any "3 months 1/2 price" with BT you can also get cashback via places like topcashback

http://www.topcashback.co.uk/bt_total_broadband/

You might be able to get a discount on the sky line rental - people have had it for £1 per month recently, which is about £11 off your bill.

Kris

Sky Broadband Unlimited
Ashington (Northumberland) Exchange
Fibre due June 2012!
Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Mon 04-Jun-12 22:08:38
Print Post

[re: Kr1s69] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Kr1s69:
There no discounts on the broadband for taking TV. The only discount is £5 off broadband for taking calls - however even then this only applies to ADSL rather then fibre.

Sky TV customers with non-fibre broadband get a £2.50 per month discount off Unlimited Broadband and completely free Broadband if their usage is under 2GB.

Oliver.

Edited by Oliver341 (Mon 04-Jun-12 22:09:45)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Kr1s69
(knowledge is power) Tue 05-Jun-12 13:06:46
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

Seems they've changed it since is signed up. Now the discount is only £2.50 and tied to the TV rather than taking calls - which is now mandatory.

Kris

Sky Broadband Unlimited
Ashington (Northumberland) Exchange
Fibre due June 2012!
  Print Thread

Jump to