User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User TJNewton
(regular) Wed 04-Jul-12 13:55:09
Print Post

Jumped Ship

[link to this post]

Well after many years with BT first as an employee then more recently as a pensioner I have finally jumped ship and moved to Sky.

I admit it was with some trepidation and a little guilt but at the end of the day it came down to cost. By moving my phone line and broadband and I am saving over £5 per month plus, and this was the clincher, the first 6 months are free.

I tried a few times to see if BT could tempt me to stay but it seems that loyalty doesn't pay and I made the decision to switch.

I'm happy to report that all has gone extremely smoothly and I'm almost up to the 10Mbps I was getting with BT just a few days into the 10 day training period.

The only minor glitch I had was that caller ID hadn't not been transferred and I had to make an 0844 phone call, which is free as I'm now a Sky customer, to get it activated. Obviously early days yet but if I get the level service and stability I got with BT I will be more than happy.

Sky Unlimited.

Come back with that goats head Jason we need it for the soup!
Standard User iand
(experienced) Fri 06-Jul-12 18:53:49
Print Post

Re: Jumped Ship

[re: TJNewton] [link to this post]

Yes there can be greener grass on the other side of the hill

(Well from time to time)

IanD
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 09-Jul-12 09:27:44
Print Post

Why a little guilt? Bt are large enough to cope.

I must admit I did feel a bit like that when I left ADSL24, but at the end of the day you need to go where you think is better for you.

We may make a mistake, if I have then it is a 24 month mistake that will cost me £120 and then what ever it costs to get me back on a phone line. If you have then yes it may be a pain to get back to Bt due to sky now being fully LLU.

But if we don't make these moves we will never know.
At least you now away from Bt, i wish you luck.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 7 pro 64bit , laptop by ubuntu

ALL PAY Wireless broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User TJNewton
(regular) Mon 09-Jul-12 19:46:39
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

Cheers for that. Early days yet but looking good so far service wise. I guess the real test will be when something goes wrong.

Sky Unlimited.

Come back with that goats head Jason we need it for the soup!
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 10-Jul-12 10:53:19
Print Post

Been told by a few people that Sky broadband is good as long as it is LLU. i recommended them to a friend of mine as his family was having problems with Bt, mainly bills and speed problems.

i know that they would not get superduper speeds because they are a fair distance from the exchange.

Anyway they went for sky and had some problems to start with, real slow speeds and drop outs. they phoned sky, sky done a few adjustments that made no difference, then they got a BT Or engineer to go and have a look. he found a problem with the cable junction box by the front door, sorted it out and now they get around 5 megabits.

When they was with BT, they had no interest what so ever, kept going through the same old turn router off and turn it back on rubbish. so well done Sky.

Talk Talk would be no better, another friend they sent one of their own engineers, well what they call a engineer. Waste of time as the only thing he could do was change the modem, and stick the connection in the test socket, something which I could do and did do. Still waiting for a return on that as it made no difference and she still only getting half a megabit.

I wish she would move her behind and change ISPs. Maybe she will go for fibre, but if that means paying out more money I can't see it myself.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 7 pro 64bit , laptop by ubuntu

ALL PAY Wireless broadband
  Print Thread

Jump to