User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Neken
(knowledge is power) Wed 04-Jul-12 18:07:26
Print Post

Sky 40/2 heading to 40/10

[link to this post]

Anyone on Sky's 40/2 Fibre package should soon find their upload increased to 'up to' 10mbps. This has already happened for some users on the Sky User forums.

Good times smile

(knowledge is power) Sat 07-Jul-12 22:59:09
Print Post

Re: Sky 40/2 heading to 40/10

[re: Neken] [link to this post]

Makes the £20 package very good value.... if only BT would get round to my cabinet.

Kris

Sky Broadband Unlimited
Ashington (Northumberland) Exchange
Fibre due June 2012!
Standard User jchamier
(knowledge is power) Sat 07-Jul-12 23:09:18
Print Post

[re: Kr1s69] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Kr1s69:
Makes the £20 package very good value.... if only BT would get round to my cabinet.

My cab arrived 18th June - still can't order (guess waiting for power). My FTTC cab is around 450m from me and the other side of a road from the PCP which is closer to me. As soon as I can I'll order Pro as I want no restrictions on upload speed.

You also have to hope that Sky have GEA handover kit in the relevant exchange - a friend of mine tried to order and was told they couldn't provide service at his address, despite FTTC available - so he went with Infinity 2.

James - be* pro - 16.8mbps sync - BQM
FTTC cab arrived 18-jun-2012 (due Mar 2011) - Openreach estimate 44.6Mbps / 6.5Mbps

Edited by jchamier (Sat 07-Jul-12 23:09:37)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Kr1s69
(knowledge is power) Sat 07-Jul-12 23:27:30
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

My cab has a power connection (not sure if its switched on though) however our exchange isn't yet enabled.

I'm confident that when the exchange goes live it will be one of the early cabs due to proximity to the exchange and fibre having to pass it to get to the rest of town.

I've also checked that sky fibre is available at nearby exchanges so we should be ok for the GEA link.

Kris

Sky Broadband Unlimited
Ashington (Northumberland) Exchange
Fibre due June 2012!
Standard User jchamier
(knowledge is power) Sat 07-Jul-12 23:57:36
Print Post

[re: Kr1s69] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Kr1s69:
My cab has a power connection (not sure if its switched on though) however our exchange isn't yet enabled.

I'm confident that when the exchange goes live it will be one of the early cabs due to proximity to the exchange and fibre having to pass it to get to the rest of town.

I've also checked that sky fibre is available at nearby exchanges so we should be ok for the GEA link.

Strange you have a cab and they've not linked it to a nearby enabled exchange. Hope yours is sorted soon.

James be* pro (16.8 / 1.2 sync) - BQM - FTTC cab installed 18-jun-2012 - not yet active - est 44.6 / 6.5
Standard User epyon
(experienced) Wed 11-Jul-12 19:30:46
Print Post

[re: Neken] [link to this post]

still have half speed they should try fixing that

i do like the upload boost though.

Sky Fibre Unlimited
40/10

"A Half Speed Customer"
My Broadband Speed Test

Edited by epyon (Wed 11-Jul-12 19:31:17)

Print Thread

Jump to