User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User iand
(experienced) Fri 03-Aug-12 17:23:29
Print Post

SKY FTTC Unlimited or Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro

[link to this post]

Ok,

Do I need the £20 40/2 or £30 80/10 FTTC service. what have you done to put these 2 to best use?

IanD
Standard User Kr1s69
(knowledge is power) Fri 03-Aug-12 19:09:08
Print Post

Re: SKY FTTC Unlimited or Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro

[re: iand] [link to this post]

I think its 40/10 now, which makes the cheaper product much more appealing.

Kris

Sky Broadband Unlimited
Ashington (Northumberland) Exchange
Fibre due June 2012!
Standard User iand
(experienced) Fri 03-Aug-12 19:17:07
Print Post

[re: Kr1s69] [link to this post]

I suppose I should take the 40/xx product first and then if £xx is available upgrade to 80/xx

IanD

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jchamier
(knowledge is power) Fri 03-Aug-12 19:18:55
Print Post

In reply to a post by iand:
I suppose I should take the 40/xx product first and then if £xx is available upgrade to 80/xx

Check your estimate on BT's checker to see what you're likely to get. If you're only estimated at 36 / 7 then an 80/20 product could be a waste of money.

James be* pro (16.8 / 1.2 sync) - BQM - FTTC cab installed 18-jun-2012 - not yet active - est 44.6 / 6.5
Standard User iand
(experienced) Sat 04-Aug-12 17:21:54
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

the BT web site estimates a full 76/20 service on my line. I am close to the new cabinet. It would be interesting to order the smaller service first then activate the larger service, just to see how the line performs.

IanD
Standard User ukhardy07
(experienced) Sat 04-Aug-12 17:54:25
Print Post

I only upgraded as I only had 2Mbps upload on my 40Mbps service

With the 10Mbps upload on the 40Mbps product you really don't need the 80 service unless there's lots of you.

Also wifi is a massive pain at 80Mbps and I don't see anywhere near this speed in most of my rooms. By the time the wifi goes through various walls etc the speeds much slower.

Edited by ukhardy07 (Sat 04-Aug-12 17:54:48)

Standard User iand
(experienced) Sat 04-Aug-12 18:11:55
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

I will be looking to change in the next 3-4 weeks once the FTTC becomes active through the ordering systems. Will liook to the basic unlimited service first and then if needed the 80M servcie thereafter

IanD
Standard User jchamier
(knowledge is power) Sun 05-Aug-12 13:56:25
Print Post

In reply to a post by iand:
I will be looking to change in the next 3-4 weeks once the FTTC becomes active through the ordering systems.

I hope its that quick. My cabinet was physically installed 18th June, and has had people working on it randomly since then. Its still not live. That's 6 weeks or so. :-/

James be* pro (16.8 / 1.2 sync) - BQM - FTTC cab installed 18-jun-2012 - not yet active - est 44.6 / 6.5
Standard User OCdragon
(experienced) Sun 05-Aug-12 14:24:31
Print Post

[re: Kr1s69] [link to this post]

Hi, I'm not yet a Sky customer but still considering it! However I have chatted to a Sky Rep on-line only 10 mins ago today about Sky Unlimited Fibre (non-Pro). and this Rep still confirmed that this particular unlimited fibre package has 40Mbps DL and 2Mbps Ul only! not 10Mbps UL as you suggested nor I could confirm from Sky's Web site! I am therefore still confused and reluctant to move to Sky unlimited fibre (non-pro) as the 2Mbps UL is too slow for my tasting!!

Intel E4300 OC with 2GB RAMs,Speedtouch 585 Modem/Router and Windows XP Pro

O2 Standard ADSL2+ Broadband!
Standard User jchamier
(knowledge is power) Sun 05-Aug-12 15:00:41
Print Post

[re: OCdragon] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by OCdragon:
Hi, I'm not yet a Sky customer but still considering it! However I have chatted to a Sky Rep on-line only 10 mins ago today about Sky Unlimited Fibre (non-Pro). and this Rep still confirmed that this particular unlimited fibre package has 40Mbps DL and 2Mbps Ul only! not 10Mbps UL as you suggested nor I could confirm from Sky's Web site! I am therefore still confused and reluctant to move to Sky unlimited fibre (non-pro) as the 2Mbps UL is too slow for my tasting!!

I just replied to your post in the other thread- the rep is mis-informed.

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-broadband-fibre-h...

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to