User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User jchamier
(knowledge is power) Thu 16-Aug-12 14:11:27
Print Post

Just ordered Fibre Pro

[link to this post]

Hopefully I will get activated on the 4th Sept!

James be* pro (16.8 / 1.2 sync) - BQM - FTTC cab arrived 18-jun-2012 - active 16-aug-2012
Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre Pro ordered 16/Aug - estimate 45.6/6.5 mbps - install 4th Sept
Standard User greenglide
(committed) Thu 16-Aug-12 16:29:50
Print Post

Re: Just ordered Fibre Pro

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

I hoped the same of Friday 10th August but BT OR failed to turn up mad

Complained and now coming on Friday 17th smile

Since I ordered on 30th July, the first day the checker said it was available and a full week before the exchange officially accepted orders I had hoped to be the first connection on the exchange!

Not sure how I would know laugh

Ex <n>ildram , been to SKY MAX - 15,225 Download
BE Unlimited - 21,000 Download 1,200 Upload,
Moved house, now BE Unlimited 6,500 Down, 1Mb/s up - gutted!
FTTC Cab enabled 30th July - expect full 80 / 20 - BT Infinity ordered, install date Friday 10th August! BT didn't turn up - now 17th August
Standard User jchamier
(knowledge is power) Thu 16-Aug-12 18:30:04
Print Post

[re: greenglide] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by greenglide:
Since I ordered on 30th July, the first day the checker said it was available and a full week before the exchange officially accepted orders I had hoped to be the first connection on the exchange!
Not sure how I would know laugh

How annoying! At least I know my exchange has been active for 2 years, and its only my cabinet that started taking orders today.

Fingers crossed I don't have the issues you did.

James be* pro (16.8 / 1.2 sync) - BQM - FTTC cab arrived 18-jun-2012 - active 16-aug-2012
Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre Pro ordered 16/Aug - estimate 45.6/6.5 mbps - install 4th Sept

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Naan_H
(regular) Thu 16-Aug-12 23:00:35
Print Post

Congrats mate, i am up and running just this week, i waited about 2 years too (im sure you commented in my thread!).

One thing i might add is that you order just fibre unlimited first, before going pro. Unlock your modem and see what your max attainable speed is, then decide if you want more speed.

BT estimated 56Mbps for me, but unlocking has unveiled a max of 76Mbps. If your max attainable isnt much above 40Mbps then it may not be worth the extra £10 a month. Just a thought anyway.

Regardless, its pretty amazing being in the fast lane!
Standard User ukhardy07
(experienced) Thu 16-Aug-12 23:11:45
Print Post

You'll be fine. I was and I ordered on the date my cab went live & also was the just before sky released the fibre product officially.
Standard User simon194
(member) Fri 17-Aug-12 08:46:52
Print Post

[re: Naan_H] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Naan_H:
Congrats mate, i am up and running just this week, i waited about 2 years too (im sure you commented in my thread!).

One thing i might add is that you order just fibre unlimited first, before going pro. Unlock your modem and see what your max attainable speed is, then decide if you want more speed.

BT estimated 56Mbps for me, but unlocking has unveiled a max of 76Mbps. If your max attainable isnt much above 40Mbps then it may not be worth the extra £10 a month. Just a thought anyway.

Regardless, its pretty amazing being in the fast lane!

The max attainable on my line when I was connected was 87Mbps (I was the first connection) but now as more are getting connected it's dropped to just over 71Mbps. frown
Standard User jchamier
(knowledge is power) Fri 17-Aug-12 17:05:39
Print Post

[re: simon194] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by simon194:
The max attainable on my line when I was connected was 87Mbps (I was the first connection) but now as more are getting connected it's dropped to just over 71Mbps. frown

I'm assuming that's why my quote is 46 Mbps, and I might get more on connection and it will go down fast. Lets see!

Print Thread

Jump to