User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User colin1951uk
(regular) Thu 23-Aug-12 17:34:13
Print Post

Anyone here switched to Sky from TalkTalk?

[link to this post]

Just wondering if anyone here has switched to Sky from TalkTalk and if so were there any problems encountered in the process.

I've been with TT for less than thirty days and although I don't have a problem with the broadband I've been lied to twice and had my bank account stung in that time and I won't stay with a company who deal with their customers in such ways.

As I'm still within the thirty day contract period I can get out with no exit charges but I have to make my move pretty quickly..

I have a friend on Sky broadband (he has the tv package as well) on the same exchange as myself and he's very happy with it so with that in mind I'm thinking to switch to Sky.

Just Googling around it seems that TT can get make life difficult for people who want to leave (they may not release a persons telephone number to the new supplier for instance) and I just wondered if anyone here may have had any trouble when leaving so that I might know what to expect and be ready to hit back should I get affected.

Any comments appreciated.

Colin
Standard User ukhardy07
(experienced) Thu 23-Aug-12 19:17:22
Print Post

Re: Anyone here switched to Sky from TalkTalk?

[re: colin1951uk] [link to this post]

It's generally easier to speak with the providers than to do things online. Ring Sky and see what they say. It can't be too difficult.

Also with regard to talktalk. Double check that you can leave as there can be confusion between order dates, installation dates etc. E.g. the 30 days you may think starts from installation but you may find out it began from the order date. Not saying this is the case but it's worth double checking everything.

Also another concern is that Sky could take a few days to begin the process of switchover. Would this take you over 30 days?

BUT If you ring talktalk and just cancel they will cease the line and then it'll be a few weeks without services.

You are best to speak with talktalk and sky as they can give you definite answers. Advice we give on here is just advice and isn't black and white.

Edited by ukhardy07 (Thu 23-Aug-12 19:17:46)

Standard User baby_frogmella
(experienced) Thu 23-Aug-12 19:52:21
Print Post

In reply to a post by colin1951uk:
I've been with TT for less than thirty days and although I don't have a problem with the broadband I've been lied to twice and had my bank account stung in that time and I won't stay with a company who deal with their customers in such ways.

Ouch! Looks like you dealt with their overseas phone support which is NOT recommended. However EVERY SINGLE phone call will have been recorded and i strongly suggest you register on the TT forums (if not already registered) and post your issues there. An OCE (uk based) will go through the telephone conversations you had with phone support and make the necessary corrections. As a goodwill gesture, they are very likely to offer you x months of free broadband. And in future stick to forum support, they are on a totally different planet to the Manila and Delhi based phone support!!!
(PS i presume you do know that TT take a month's payment in advance in your first month?)

TalkTalk Plus LLU ADSL2+ 18383/1020 kbps
Pioneer Kuro 428XD ISF'd
iPhone 4S 16gb
ThinkPad X220

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 23-Aug-12 22:25:22
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

A move from full LLU to full LLU is pretty simple. tell Sky and they should inform the old provider who then write to you checking that is what you wanted.

My move was around 3 to 4 weeks from first contact to connected. So need to check that TalkTalk are happy to let you go still.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User colin1951uk
(regular) Sat 25-Aug-12 00:55:18
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Just to update you here...I sent a very critical email to the TT CE Dido Harding late Wednesday evening...I got a response within an hour that someone would be put right on my case and today I've been given a refund of £114 (that's how much my first invoice was overcharged!) and as a goodwill gesture have had a £75 credit added to my account.

Now even that might not have stopped me from skipping to Sky...but I've also been given the names of two contacts in Hardings office who I can use in future if I get anymore tripe out of the normal contact centres (and the online forums if necessary)...and these two people do jump...one of them is responsible for getting me sorted out today.

So with the knowledge that some real backup is there should I need it again I will stay with TT.

Just goes to show what can be done if you hit the nerves of the top people I guess.

Anyway I won't hog this thread anymore as this is Skys little bit of the forum and I don't want to turn it into a TT debate.

Just thought I'd tell you the good news.

Cheers to all.

Colin
Standard User broadband66
(experienced) Sat 25-Aug-12 17:52:56
Print Post

Still a bit sad that good customer support has to come from the top down. Can't be that hard to train people to deal with a customer's issue in a proffesional manner!

Was Eclipse Home Option 1 & VM 2Mb
Now O2 standard
Standard User ukhardy07
(experienced) Sat 25-Aug-12 18:23:04
Print Post

Great news

I have the same with sky. I have a direct number to somebody and it's great that that's always there just in case
Standard User seedys50
(learned) Mon 27-Aug-12 21:33:25
Print Post

[re: broadband66] [link to this post]

Any chance you could drop me an email address of dido harding - been trying to get registered for the online help forum for 10 days and cant even get them to reply.

Been a customer for months and the speed has just dropped by half - the phone support is as good as speaking to my goldfish.

If a customer cannot register on the online forum what chance do we have.
Standard User broadband66
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 27-Aug-12 21:36:56
Print Post

[re: seedys50] [link to this post]

You need to reply to colin.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1 & VM 2Mb
Now O2 standard
  Print Thread

Jump to