User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User smahmood
(member) Wed 05-Sep-12 01:37:43
Print Post

Sky to Orange....good story!

[link to this post]

Hi all,

I was with Sky & to be honest i didnt get a [censored] service etc etc etc it did its job. Problem is i live in a shared house in London and 1 of the 'housemate' is a complete nutjob. He effectively managed to move the Sky broadband which i was owned (purchased the phone line. paid the bills) to Orange where he is in complete control. I did receive a a 'are you sure' cancellation letter which i acted upon and told Sky not to cancel....but being the incompetent tools that they are, they didn't do anything.

My question is don't Orange need a MAC code in order to proceed with the migration, of which only Sky could provide and the nutjob could never have got hold of it? So effectively how on earth did Orange go through with this migration?

Secondly considering i purchased the phone line for broadband (i still have the original docs) and the fact this nutjob now owns the phone line....isn't this a form of theft and maybe reportable to the police?

Any assistance is appreciated.

SM

Edited by smahmood (Wed 05-Sep-12 02:18:17)

Standard User 4M2
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 05-Sep-12 02:13:43
Print Post

Re: Sky to Orange....good story!

[re: smahmood] [link to this post]

If you suspect that it is a form of theft then contact a solicitor - many solicitors will offer a free consultation where you can concisely present the facts. If there are possible grounds for a case against the other parties then you should get suitable advice without any commitment to pursue the matter at that stage.
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Wed 05-Sep-12 08:42:50
Print Post

Slamming can and does happen for broadband. The process is not as controlled as it not is for utility suppliers. Although normally it is the LLU providers that can easily slam so I am slightly surprised that Orange managed it.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User smahmood
(member) Wed 05-Sep-12 08:58:21
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

Can i make a formal complaint to Orange?
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Wed 05-Sep-12 09:54:02
Print Post

I would guess so. And if they don't deal with it to your satisfaction they will have an escalation path to a 3rd party alternative dispute resolution (ADR) service.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 05-Sep-12 10:00:06
Print Post

Orange was acting on behalf of this other person, thus may not have done anything wrong.

Sky Full LLU does not support MAC procress, it would have been http://www.thinkbroadband.com/guide/migration.html#s...

that they used, hence the Notification letter, which Sky may have been slow to process, hence missed the 10 day window to cancel the move.

This is more a dispute between two housemates than an ISP issue, as given line details, and address and a fib or two you could easily move the line back to Sky or TalkTalk without the need for a MAC

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User smahmood
(member) Wed 05-Sep-12 11:00:18
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I would agree. Sky are attempting to take the line back however, i presume Orange will contact the nutjob to confim this which would proberbly be blocked by him.

Awesome frown
Standard User Squirrel
(knowledge is power) Wed 05-Sep-12 21:49:23
Print Post

Take the nutjob out in the garden and let him meet Mr Sjambok, might make him change his mind smile

Ian Stirling

BT Infinity

Fastest Download http://speedtest.net/result/2047261184.png
Fastest Upload http://speedtest.net/result/1896890536.png
Standard User ukhardy07
(experienced) Wed 05-Sep-12 22:15:20
Print Post

Why's the housemate so adamant on taking over the bill?
Standard User smahmood
(member) Thu 06-Sep-12 00:56:40
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ukhardy07:
Why's the housemate so adamant on taking over the bill?

I kicked him off my Sky broadband after i was pretty sure he was downloading copyright material. Guess he wants the internet back and Sky's F up let him in.

Well my only consolation is to run up a phone bill that would make his eyes water.

Edited by smahmood (Thu 06-Sep-12 00:56:54)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to