I can't go around just yet (will be able to in a few weeks) but want to rule out as many things as possible beforehand.
1) the postcode seems to be in a Sky enabled exchange area
2) the phone number is not recognised by the BT line checker
3) the phone number is not recognised by the Sky line checker
4) the router has Sky branding (here's a link to a photo of the router)
5) IP geolocation identifies the line as Sky broadband
6) the line speedtests at 0.61 down and 0.21 up.
So I'd first want to make sure it's on-net Sky BB and not the BT wholesale one, but this seems almost certain if the line is fully signed over to Sky. But if that's the case, why doesn't the Sky checker recognise the line?
If it is on-net Sky BB which I understand has a pretty good reputation, then the most likely scenario is some sort of horrendous technical problem like internal wiring causing it to sync at less than 1mb despite a 530m straight line exchange distance. I won't be able to find that out without going there though (unless anyone has an *extremely* simple method for getting line stats from this router)
Thanks in advance
Be Unlimited 35700 / 2500 on line bonding.