User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Craig4646
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 21-Sep-12 11:37:48
Print Post

Sky Broadband Activation Delays

[link to this post]

Hi,

I've just moved into a new flat and ordered sky tv, telephone, and broadband (sky LLU). My Sky TV, and telephone have now been activated. I've recieved the Sky router and, broadband was meant to be activated yesterday.

We called Sky several times yesterday to confirm the line would be activated, and they replied it could be activated up until midnight (apprently they confirmed BT and Sky have enginners working at that time. To be honest I found that shocking they would have engineers working at that time do to do anything except a major incidient - in all honestly don't beleive that comment). Sky also confirmed the activation will go head, and there was no issues.

We woke up today to find the broadband was still not activated. We have already done the usual, restart the router, check all the cables, replace different filters, make sure all phone lines (including sky tv) are out of the phone sockets) all without success. Calling Sky this morning and been informed there is a problem with the line and they need an engineer to be sent out and will take a further 24 hours. I feel its was a tactic to just get me off the phone quickly.

Having done a quick online search I see its almost normal practice Sky not to meet their broadband activation date. And how long does it normally take Sky to eventually get the broadband activated?

Has any one else had a similar experience?

Craig.

AOLBroadband (home)
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 22-Sep-12 15:28:57
Print Post

Re: Sky Broadband Activation Delays

[re: Craig4646] [link to this post]

Normally most people do get their broadband activated on the correct day

New line provides and broadband at the same time, are a different matter and much more variable. So its pick a time between Monday and 2 weeks away. How lucky do you feel?

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User simon194
(member) Tue 25-Sep-12 00:51:50
Print Post

Re: Sky Broadband Activation Delays

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Normally on a new line provide they can't order broadband until the line has been activated which is something the Sky CS bods seem to rarely tell you when you order.

I was lucky when I switched to Sky on a new line a couple of years ago because the broadband was activated two days after the line went live. It may have been because Christmas was only 4 days away and it wouldn't have been activated until the New Year otherwise.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to