User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User lt567
(committed) Sat 29-Sep-12 21:22:51
Print Post

Sky Fibre Question

[link to this post]

Hi folks,

Sam Knows shows my exchange going live for FTTC on the 30th September. Upon checking the Openreach website, it shows my exchange as accepting orders please contact my communications provider. When I log into my Sky Account it still says Fibre isn't available in my area yet, and also when I do checks for example with another company (Plus net Fibre) it says the same thing. Just wondering if the system that updates the providers availability of FTTC happens weeks after or not? Thanks.

Jack
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Sun 30-Sep-12 07:09:54
Print Post

Re: Sky Fibre Question

[re: lt567] [link to this post]

FTTC needs enabling on your particular street cabinet which obviously hasn't happened yet.

There are some cabinets that BT aren't going to upgrade without some funding from the taxpayer.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/guide/fibre-broadband.... on this very site explains more.
Standard User iand
(experienced) Sun 30-Sep-12 10:14:06
Print Post

Re: Sky Fiber Question

It can be along process. Look around your streets for the BT green cabinets. You are looking for new buddy cabinets appearing next to or near them. Once that happens it takes about a month for the checkers to update and you can then order. You may be lucky and get FTTC for end OCT or if not you will just have to wait.

I got my neighbors to use the BB checkers to drum up business. Do not know if that made any difference or not. Its just gone live on my estate in Sep when the Exchange went live in Mar/April.

IanD

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User lt567
(committed) Sun 30-Sep-12 13:39:59
Print Post

Re: Sky Fibre Question

Ah OK thank you for the heads up
  Print Thread

Jump to