User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Fri 12-Oct-12 18:06:35
Print Post

Can't leave early?

[link to this post]

In May Sky agreed to stop my service due to personal circumstances however I managed to find someone who was willing to pay this for me.. and so it carried on..

This is no longer the case but now Sky say I can't buy out early I have to wait till it's over and then give 31 days notice (so I was told in an e-mail)

Bearing in mine that they don't credit check, they can't mark my credit file as It's frozen and they are being [censored]. If I also did a return to donor what's stopping me?
Standard User iand
(experienced) Fri 12-Oct-12 18:39:05
Print Post

Re: Can't leave early?

[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]

if this was me I would read all of the terms and conditions to see what is written about leaving early. Who to request this cancellation from and what is the cost of ding the cancellation.

You can allways change to another provider as I do not think Sky or anyone else could stop you, but you may have to pay both for a period of time unless you know what is the correct cancellation process/term as per the first sentance above.

I thought there was a pocess where you paid a % of the remaining rental period, but the terms and conditions should be clear.

IanD
(knowledge is power) Sun 14-Oct-12 12:54:04
Print Post

[re: iand] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by iand:
if this was me I would read all of the terms and conditions to see what is written about leaving early. Who to request this cancellation from and what is the cost of ding the cancellation.

You can allways change to another provider as I do not think Sky or anyone else could stop you, but you may have to pay both for a period of time unless you know what is the correct cancellation process/term as per the first sentance above.

I thought there was a pocess where you paid a % of the remaining rental period, but the terms and conditions should be clear.

Well I got an e-mail saying my services were being cancelled. I am grateful they did it - they must have read that here. I am concerned they never bothered to clear any DPA with me but it is my account they have raised the disconnection on

Also customers can leave by giving 7 days notice within 30 days or notifitication of a price increase without penalty in line with 8.2 and 8.3 of their Terms and COnditions. It also says on their website

"If you are a Sky Talk Line Rental customer affected by the change above, you have the option to cancel your Sky Talk subscription without charge."

Sky told me there would be further charges after the disconnecftion. Infact they are about to bill me for a months upfront service so they will infact owe me. I've said that I don't want the money back just zero and close the account and I will be happy.

Edited by pcoventry76 (Sun 14-Oct-12 13:38:48)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User simon194
(member) Wed 17-Oct-12 09:49:42
Print Post

In reply to a post by pcoventry76:
Bearing in mine that they don't credit check, they can't mark my credit file as It's frozen and they are being [censored]. If I also did a return to donor what's stopping me?

As long as your credit rating is OK there won't be a problem because BT always run credit checks on new customers. I would check the your credit report because Sky do credit checks on new customers and they do report to the credit reference agencies because I have a couple of default notices from Sky on my credit record.

It's the problem I had almost 3 years ago when Talk Talk terminated my service. I tried to do a RTD but I failed the credit check and was turned down. Luckily I had Sky Talk and line rental on a separate line so there wasn't any problem switching to them for my broadband service.
(knowledge is power) Thu 18-Oct-12 00:45:35
Print Post

[re: simon194] [link to this post]

No point even bothering to check my credit file

Thanks for the feedback. I;l see where I am when fibre gets here.
Standard User iand
(experienced) Thu 18-Oct-12 18:19:08
Print Post

Wonder what sort of error message you would get failing a credit check on conversation to FTTC.

"Sorry FTTC is not currently available for your line" or
"Please call customer services as there is an incompatible service on your line" or
"Please call customer service as there has been a problem ordering FTTC on your line"

IanD
(knowledge is power) Thu 18-Oct-12 21:18:16
Print Post

[re: iand] [link to this post]

No idea - it won't be in my name anyway.
  Print Thread

Jump to