User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User moggsy
(committed) Tue 16-Oct-12 20:23:37
Print Post

LLU to LLU provider...delays in service?

[link to this post]

Hi all...first post on here for quite a while as I've been quite happy with TalkTalk since I've been with them over the last couple of years....

However.....I've had a letter off Sky today offering free BB for a year providing I switch my current talktalk phone line over to Sky.

No problems with that, but my concern is switching from one LLU provider to another: I seem to remember when that is the scenario, there were major problems in doing so (involving moving to a standard BT line first). Is that not the case anymore? I did one of those 'chat' things with a Sky Rep and he said no probs now (but some of his other answers didn't exactly fill me with confidence) so what's the score in the amount of downtime I might have to expect?

Thx for any advice....

Moggsy
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Confucious he say; "Swinging chain mean warm seat!" smile
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 16-Oct-12 20:39:14
Print Post

Re: LLU to LLU provider...delays in service?

[re: moggsy] [link to this post]

Full LLU to Full LLU should be pretty simple these days

Sky should handle it all, with TalkTalk sending out various are you sure you want to leave letters.

On switchover day, should be perhaps a couple of hours downtime at most, unless someone messes something up

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User moggsy
(committed) Tue 16-Oct-12 21:40:08
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Oh right...that's good news then, thank you!

One other thing...fibre is starting to roll out round here now, not at our particular local exchange, but it is four or five miles away in Wrexham & Wrexham North at the end of December.

IF (big 'if') it comes to ours too within the next 12mths, are all fibre connections the same speedwise? I'd hate to be tied into contracts when there are better or cheaper alternatives available!

Thanks again....

Moggsy
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Confucious he say; "Swinging chain mean warm seat!" smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 16-Oct-12 22:06:01
Print Post

[re: moggsy] [link to this post]

In terms of do you mean does connection speed vary between Infinity, TalkTalk Fibre and Sky Fibre - no they are the same assuming the same product is ordered by the ISP.

Three FTTC variants at this time
40/2
40/10
80/20

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to