User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Philce
(committed) Thu 07-Feb-13 10:17:27
Print Post

BT O manage to screw things up again!

[link to this post]

So we order the full package from SKY on Dec 18th and have to wait till yesterday for the FTTC install.

Contractor turns up, fits faceplate and connects us to the cab, all seems OK and we have sync and connection to internet.

Phone line is dead and he says a framing engineer "should" do this later (isnt this his job?) He said the line was connected all the way back to the exchange so its an easy one for him!

24 hrs later, we have no phone line and no-one at SKY knows what's going on (there are no notes from BT).

They have nearly 8 weeks notice and still manage to leave us with no working phone line!

Tried to call SKY twice now from my mobile, just to get cut off mid call! (and at 40p/Min!)
Standard User Chrysalis
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 07-Feb-13 10:51:22
Print Post

Re: BT O manage to screw things up again!

[re: Philce] [link to this post]

frown

Granted tho I bet you rather have internet up than voice if choice between the 2.

You know how fast its connected?

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012 - Estimate 65.9/20 - Attainable peak 110/36 - Current Sync 71/20
Standard User Philce
(committed) Thu 07-Feb-13 10:54:57
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

Sky router just says 40M down and 10 Up.

Its a ECI modem so needs a little surgery to unlock!

The contractor didnt have the right gear to tell me the potential speeds of the line but I know its under 300M so should be good.

The missus has just realised we dont have any TV except freeview now too! Not happy!

Cant activate the Sky box as no phone line!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 07-Feb-13 11:30:46
Print Post

Who was voice service and broadband with before the change?

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Philce
(committed) Thu 07-Feb-13 12:25:03
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Who was voice service and broadband with before the change?

Virgin

they were aware of the change and released the number.

Looks like a physical problem with BT
Standard User Philce
(committed) Thu 07-Feb-13 13:42:05
Print Post

In reply to a post by Chrysalis:
frown

Granted tho I bet you rather have internet up than voice if choice between the 2.

You know how fast its connected?

Are you seeing graphs like this?

My Broadband Ping
Standard User Chrysalis
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 07-Feb-13 16:07:02
Print Post

no and is odd you seemed to have had dlm kick in in the afternoon. Have you ben power cycling the modem?

Here is mine from the 5th.

My Broadband Ping

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012 - Estimate 65.9/20 - Attainable peak 110/36 - Current Sync 71/20
Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Thu 07-Feb-13 16:16:26
Print Post

In reply to a post by Philce:
So we order the full package from SKY on Dec 18th and have to wait till yesterday for the FTTC install.

Contractor turns up, fits faceplate and connects us to the cab, all seems OK and we have sync and connection to internet.

Phone line is dead and he says a framing engineer "should" do this later (isnt this his job?) He said the line was connected all the way back to the exchange so its an easy one for him!

24 hrs later, we have no phone line and no-one at SKY knows what's going on (there are no notes from BT).

They have nearly 8 weeks notice and still manage to leave us with no working phone line!

Tried to call SKY twice now from my mobile, just to get cut off mid call! (and at 40p/Min!)

Hi mate

have you tried your phone in the test socket, when i had my plusnet fibre installed the broadband was working but the phone was not, i took the faceplate off and tried in the test socket and both the phone and broadband was working fine, i tried that faceplate on my second phone line and it stopped that working so turned out to be a faulty brand new faceplate.

i now just have the BB plugged into its own port and the phone into the test socket permanently lol cant be bothered to replace the faceplate its worth a try at least

Ash

Plus.net - Extra Fibre - IP Profile - 69.54 Mbps / 20Mbps
My Broadband Speed Test
Speedtest
My Broadband Ping

Edited by acpsd775 (Thu 07-Feb-13 16:30:30)

Standard User Philce
(committed) Thu 07-Feb-13 16:28:10
Print Post

[re: acpsd775] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by acpsd775:
Hi mate

have you tried your phone in the test socket, when i had my plusnet fibre installed the broadband was working but the phone was not, i took the faceplate off and tried in the test socket and both the phone and broadband was working fine, i tried that faceplate on my second phone line and it stopped that working so turned out to be a faulty brand new faceplate.

i no just have the BB plunged into its own port and the phone into the test socket permanently lol cant be bothered to replace the faceplate its worth a try at least

Ash

Yeah, first thing I tried!

Cheers anyway

Edited by Philce (Thu 07-Feb-13 16:45:37)

Standard User Philce
(committed) Thu 07-Feb-13 17:15:04
Print Post

In reply to a post by Chrysalis:
no and is odd you seemed to have had dlm kick in in the afternoon. Have you ben power cycling the modem?

Here is mine from the 5th.

My Broadband Ping

Not power cycled or anything.

Maybe BT are doing something that's affecting sync?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to