User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User DonalTrainor82
(newbie) Sat 09-Mar-13 18:18:59
Print Post

Cannot make head nor tail of this bill, any help

[link to this post]

Navigational Trail

My Sky
My Account
Bills & payments

Bills & payments

Account number

You have a payment due on the 28 Feb for a total of £137.60
Current bill
Previous bills
Charges on next bill

Statement date: 14/02/13

Please check that your payment details are correct.
Amend your card or bank account details if they have changed since you set up your account.
You can also clear the outstanding balance on your account with a one-off payment.
Further information

If you have cleared your outstanding balance, please ignore this message.
Understanding your bill
Hide details
Any changes you have made to your account will be reflected in this bill

Thank you for adding Sky TV and Sky Talk to your subscription

This is your first bill for these products. The addition of these products may change your regular payment amount.
Help understanding my bill
Payment received for your last bill, thank you.
Amount owing from last bill £0.00
Sky TV
Hide details
£102.94
You've added Entertainment Extra with Sports and Movies on 01/02/13

You have two charges for Entertainment Extra with Sports and Movies: one for your first billing period from the date that you added Entertainment Extra with Sports and Movies, and one for your ongoing monthly charge billed one month in advance.
Billing Period Charges Discounts

Entertainment Extra with Sports and Movies 28/02/13 - 27/03/13 £55.50

Sky+ Subscription 01/02/13 - 27/03/13 FREE

Entertainment Extra with Sports and Movies 01/02/13 - 27/02/13 £48.34
Viewing Subscription Discounted 01/02/13 - 01/02/13 £0.90 CR
Sky TV total: £102.94
Sky Broadband
Hide details

WiFi Hotspots from The Cloud 28/02/13 - 27/03/13 FREE
Sky Broadband Unlimited 28/02/13 - 27/03/13 £7.50
Sky Broadband total: £7.50
Sky Talk
Hide details
£26.66
You've added Sky Talk Line Rental on 02/02/13

You have two charges for Sky Talk Line Rental: one for your first billing period from the date that you added Sky Talk Line Rental, and one for your ongoing monthly charge billed one month in advance.

Sky Talk Line Rental 28/02/13 - 27/03/13 £14.50
Sky Talk Line Rental 02/02/13 - 27/02/13 £12.16
1571 - Voicemail 02/02/13 - 27/03/13 FREE
Caller Display 02/02/13 - 27/03/13 FREE
Sky Talk Freetime 02/02/13 - 27/03/13 FREE

Sky Talk total: £26.66

Call charge alerts

Additional Charges
Show details
£0.50
Payment due on 28/02/13
£137.60
Your bill is overdue. Please make a payment as soon as possible.
Account balance
£137.60

I understand that they are charging me twice with in the same 30 days that is all I am seeing, on live chat with a guy named Johny now and he says that because the bill is over 25 quid service will be suspended on tv and broadband/homephone services. I explained that I would like to pay the internet and he says that I would need to clear 112 quid of the balance for my service to stay online. Why can you not pay them seperately!!!

My Broadband Speed Test
Moderator Sadoldman
(moderator) Sun 10-Mar-13 07:25:42
Print Post

Re: Cannot make head nor tail of this bill, any help

[re: DonalTrainor82] [link to this post]

I personally find that Sky do the most complicated bills I have ever encountered. Only once did I find that I was being charged in error.

Where it gets complicated is that for instance if you join or alter the package mid month you will get billed the half a month that you will be using and also a month in advance, so in fact you are paying for six weeks service.

I can only suggest you calculate from the day you received the services to the next billing period and see if the total for each item makes sense.

I have a job understand my own when I make any alteration to my package so that is the best I can suggest.smile

Sadoldman

Just a tad sad..a wee bit old...wink

don@thinkbroadband.com
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User undecidedadrian
(member) Sun 10-Mar-13 08:29:34
Print Post

What looks to have happened is that you have upgraded services a few days after your last bill date.

When you do that as has been already said they want payment for the upgrade month AND the month after.

So upgrading services on the 1 Feb means that they want payment all the way to the 27 Match which looks to be your next part of their billing cycle.

As the reason why you can't pick and choose what you pay I suspect that the Sky billing system cannot put money aside for one or the other, you have to pay the whole lot or get everything cut off.

This is why I am not in favour of the so called Triple or Quad play services because if you do go into dispute with a company they will have you over a barrel.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Gypsydog
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 11-Mar-13 11:06:56
Print Post

[re: Sadoldman] [link to this post]

Having only recently moving to Sky I await with bated breath this little treasure to wrestle with.
Thanks for the heads up tongue

Sky LLU
---------------------------
Every man should have at least two computers; one to use and one to tinker with.

Standard User greyposter
(knowledge is power) Mon 11-Mar-13 15:54:03
Print Post

[re: Gypsydog] [link to this post]

I left 'Sky' last year (December).Received letter yesterday that they had put money owed to me in to my bank.

‘Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.’
BTBroadband
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Tue 12-Mar-13 11:59:40
Print Post

The amount looks correct to cover nearly 2 months (at £55.50 per month for TV that pretty much accounts plus phone @ £26 for 2 months and broadband). The actual bill looks to be correct from the detail that is there.

And as Sky are a single company if you are in debt to them they will cut off all services. Most companies would do the same. Maybe you can agree with Sky to do the payment over a longer period if you are in financial difficulty. They should have explained when you upgraded that you would pay for the remainder of current month plus a second month in the same bill.
Standard User simon194
(committed) Tue 12-Mar-13 13:12:55
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ian72:
And as Sky are a single company if you are in debt to them they will cut off all services.

They cut the TV serivice off first. Usually a week after the payment was due, unlike Virgin that do cut off all services at once, so they at least give you a chance to contact them wihout it costing you anything.
  Print Thread

Jump to