User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Kathphlox
(regular) Tue 02-Apr-13 23:09:42
Print Post

A question on pricing

[link to this post]

I see the latest Sky offer at £10/mth for just unlimited broadband... and then I read the tagline of £14+ for line rental.. so.. does that make it £24/mth hidden in the gobbledegook.. I would like to have this clarified.. thanks.

~Kath~
Always judge a person by the way they treat someone who can be of no possible use to them
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 02-Apr-13 23:23:43
Print Post

Re: A question on pricing

[re: Kathphlox] [link to this post]

The broadband element will be £10 and yes line rental is payable for voice element.

With Sky you must take voice with the broadband, third party line rental options are not allowed for new customers

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 02-Apr-13 23:23:57
Print Post

Of course. You can't get ADSL BB w/out line rental and Sky does not allow you have your line with someone else.

And you need to take Sky TV also.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 02-Apr-13 23:26:32
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

The £10 deal does not require TV, prie drops to 7.50 if you take TV

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Kathphlox
(regular) Tue 02-Apr-13 23:57:09
Print Post

So basically, I'm right.. there is NO £10 unlimited broadband.. their being crafty with words does not defeat me..

You see, I'm a very very small user of phones, so this offer does not attract me.. it's just a con really in my eyes.. all I need is cheap broadband with no add-ons or hidden charges.. guess I'm dreaming wink

~Kath~
Always judge a person by the way they treat someone who can be of no possible use to them
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 03-Apr-13 00:23:29
Print Post

You are! As I already said, you need a phone line & pay for its rental in order to get ADSL BB. Else how is the BB signal going to get to you?

You can't get line rental alone for at least £120 per year up front or £14 monthly.

Don't you have BB already? With a line rental?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Moderator Sadoldman
(moderator) Wed 03-Apr-13 07:11:19
Print Post

A phone line to the house is not regarded as an add on, having the line enabled for broadband is.smile

Sky do require you to have both line rental and broadband as part of the package. but the obligatory line rental from them is the only part that could be regarded as a catch.

On the up side Sky do offer you the ability to pay 12 month line rental in advance bring the monthly cost to less than £10 per month...that is about as good as it gets. I think it is advertised as a limited offer so I have no idea how long that will last.

Sadoldman

Just a tad sad..a wee bit old...wink

don@thinkbroadband.com
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 03-Apr-13 10:01:14
Print Post

[re: Sadoldman] [link to this post]

I don't mention the annual payment option for Sky, because they don't seem to advertise it, but phone up and ask once a customer and it appears to be available.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 03-Apr-13 10:03:11
Print Post

If you have an ADSL broadband service you MUST pay voice line rental to someone, cheapest deals are in the £9 to 10 per month range if you pay annually in advance at present.

if you want broadband only, then its services like Virgin Media cable, 3G/4G mobile dongle, satellite or fixed wireless.

Moderator Sadoldman
(moderator) Wed 03-Apr-13 11:44:39
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I have done it twice now and as you say it is not promoted unlike BT.

On the sky help forums a rep indicates available till the end of June to existing customers, but I will add the caveat as you infer ............. it is not a guaranteed option.

As ever with Sky you can never be sure what deal is going to be offered.smile

Sadoldman

Just a tad sad..a wee bit old...wink

don@thinkbroadband.com
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to