User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User shaneosborne
(experienced) Fri 12-Apr-13 14:45:47
Print Post

Sky Talk/BB Activation Schedule.

[link to this post]

I recently moved and ordered Sky TV, Talk and BB Services.

The television side if things are up and running, it's just the Talk and BB which are not.

I was allocated a new number, at the beginning if the week I tried calling that number from my mobile and I was presented with a message stating the number is invalid.

Last night I tried the number again from my number and it rung but not within my house. The line in my house is totally dead, no dialtone, this has always been the case.

I assume BTO have completed there work and wanted to ask if I'm now waiting for Sky to activate it from there end?

The new service is a remote activation with a date of today, so service should be up and running by the end of today. Is it normal that BTO complete what they need to do and then customers need to wait for Sky to press a magic key on there keyboards to start the service?

If BTO have completed all the work required by them, shouldn't I at least hear a dialtone?

I'm concerned in case there is a fault, I know they have up until midnight but thought it would be easy for Sky to activate if indeed it is Sky I'm waiting on. An advisor at Sky said that the service has been connected but just awaiting Sky to activate. If this is the case, why couldn't they activate it whilst I was on the phone to them?

I hope someone can help....

Many thanks in advance

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 12-Apr-13 17:12:49
Print Post

Re: Sky Talk/BB Activation Schedule.

[re: shaneosborne] [link to this post]

As this will be Sky LLU then the dialtone actually comes from the Sky hardware.

Why they can't just activate it while on the phone, probably that option is not available to the person on the phone.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User shaneosborne
(experienced) Fri 12-Apr-13 18:34:51
Print Post

Re: Sky Talk/BB Activation Schedule.

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Many thanks, the line is now up and running although my line stats are causing me some confusion as you can see on my post in the Sky Broadband Forums... Can you offer any advice MrSaffron?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to