User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User DonalTrainor82
(learned) Mon 17-Jun-13 22:09:32
Print Post

All these new Sky offers

[link to this post]

After reading the headlines on the main page I am sort of kicking myself. Joined up at the end of May for phone/fibre/tv. And now these new offers are springing up, six months half price fibre sounds good to me. But the question is can I still get it after joining up??

Regards

Donal
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 17-Jun-13 22:22:31
Print Post

Re: All these new Sky offers

[re: DonalTrainor82] [link to this post]

If already on fibre then nope

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
(learned) Mon 17-Jun-13 22:27:27
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Not getting installed until the 24th, but tv getting installed on Wednesday.

Regards

Donal

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Tue 18-Jun-13 08:39:42
Print Post

Unfortunately Sky will consider you were happy to take the product at the price offered and your deal has not been affected - it just isn't as good in comparison to what they are offering now. There is always a risk when buying anything that the price might quickly go down.

Your only option is if there is some getout clause as it hasn't yet been installed but as it was so long ago I suspect it is too late (at the least you would have to pay for any work Sky have already put into train).

I held off upgrading my Sky for Movies for 6 months waiting for them to do a deal - you know there will always be a deal coming from Sky, just depends on how long you are willing to wait.
(learned) Tue 18-Jun-13 12:17:04
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

At the time I was happy enough to take what they offered, but at the same time this half price fibre for 6 months was not available and as my fibre has yet to be installed I am just wondering is it really too late. Their online chat seems to be very busy, it never usually takes this long and spent 45 mins waiting last night aswell, also dropped them a tweet so I will find out one way or the other.

Regards

Donal
Standard User iand
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 18-Jun-13 18:45:14
Print Post

does not cost you any money to ask. You can also quote the distance selling regulations and cancel for free, and you do not need to pay the supplier xxxx because they have spent xxxx to date setting you up on their systems (someone please correct me on this if I am wrong).

IanD
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 18-Jun-13 19:17:12
Print Post

[re: iand] [link to this post]

As this is a service, not goods, the supplier's terms are allowed to exclude the Distance Selling Regs as they may have paid 3rd parties to set things up.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
(learned) Tue 18-Jun-13 22:26:42
Print Post

Well it might have cost me a bit of money calling on my mobile, but they had the dencency to call me straight back.
Spoke to a chap in Scotland and they were able to give me half price for three months and he said to call back after everything was set up(he said there was no point cancelling the order as it was so close to activation) and that I was eligible for the full six months.
So I will be calling up after the 24th to make sure he was speaking the truth, atleast three months is a start eh.

Regards

Donal
  Print Thread

Jump to