User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Doll
(member) Fri 28-Jun-13 21:36:31
Print Post

Moving to sky

[link to this post]

Sky broadband has recently come available at my exchange so I have just put in an order for the unlimited package. However when I signed up it never asked me for my MAC code (which I have). Is this something that I need to do later ?
Also as signing up for Skys line rental/Talk pack at the same time do I need to contact my existing telephone line provider (BT) or do Sky do all that for me ?
Thanks.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Fri 28-Jun-13 22:06:51
Print Post

Re: Moving to sky

[re: Doll] [link to this post]

Are you using the sky switch squad? http://www.sky.com/shop/switching-to-sky/broadband/

You don't need a MAC as you're moving phone and broadband. It's always prudent to ensure your existing provider knows you're cancelling though.

__________________________________________________________________________The back pedalling starts here__________________
Standard User Doll
(member) Fri 28-Jun-13 22:21:00
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Thanks for the reply. No I have not used the switch squad. I will be sure to let my current ISP know tomorrow.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User simon194
(committed) Sun 30-Jun-13 10:20:02
Print Post

[re: Doll] [link to this post]

I didn't think you need a MAC code if you switch to a LLU provider.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sun 30-Jun-13 10:29:13
Print Post

[re: simon194] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by simon194:
I didn't think you need a MAC code if you switch to a LLU provider.
That's incorrect.

__________________________________________________________________________The back pedalling starts here__________________
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 30-Jun-13 18:54:29
Print Post

[re: simon194] [link to this post]

You don't need a MAC code if you switch to a Full LLU provider.

But it is always prudent to request one from the Partial LLU ISP you are leaving, so they are aware you are not ceasing the BB and maybe to fit in with their notice terms, so as to avoid unexpected after-the-event charges.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
  Print Thread

Jump to