User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mkehinde2
(regular) Mon 01-Jul-13 12:24:51
Print Post

Asus DSL-N55U setup on SKY

[link to this post]

Hi All,
I have just bought the Asus N55U and I am trying to set it up with my SKY Broadband connection.
I have extracted my sky details (Currently using a TP Link router successfully)
I have entered the username and password using the quick setup. I have tried using the drop down list for selecting ISP but I am unable to access the internet.

Is there anything I'm missing

The review of the router by Thinkbroadband mentioned something about coping the SKY router MAC code, is this relevant and if so how do I do this?

The quote from the review -
We duplicated the configuration of the Sky router settings, which on our LLU line were PPPoA, with the standard VPI/VCI of 0/38 and VCMux encapsulation. This did not work, but once we copied the WAN ports MAC from the old Sky router, the DSL-N55U connected to the Sky service with no problems.

Thanks

Edited by mkehinde2 (Mon 01-Jul-13 13:21:02)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 01-Jul-13 13:45:17
Print Post

Re: Asus DSL-N55U setup on SKY

[re: mkehinde2] [link to this post]

The Mac for the WAN port should be somewhere in the existing Sky router, as for the exact page I don't have access to the old style Sky routers at present, probably later today

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User mkehinde2
(regular) Mon 01-Jul-13 13:56:20
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks.
I have the old MAC as well as the old SKY router)
Do I need to input this on the ASUS router configuration page? (I already used it with my username to logon)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mkehinde2
(regular) Wed 03-Jul-13 13:15:06
Print Post

Resolved - I didn't need the MAC clone. Rebooted and entered username/password again
Standard User Happy01
(newbie) Thu 09-Jan-14 18:36:06
Print Post

Re: Asus RT-AC66u

Hi to all,

Wondering if someone could help me please.

I am on Sky Fibre. Using the BT Open reach modem along with the SKY SR101 router. The router is really bad and very slow.

I have bought a replacement router which is the ASUS RT-AC66U to replace the SKY HUB with. I was successful in extracting the Username and Password from the SKY HUB. I updated the ASUS firmware with version RT-AC66U_3.0.0.4_374.35_4.trx.

I then connected the BT Open reach modem to the ASUS router. VIA the ASUS gui I tried entering the username and password and was unable to authenticate to the SKY MER network.

Could someone help me please....AS I don't know where I am going wrong...???

Cheers

Happy01
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Thu 09-Jan-14 18:39:44
Print Post

[re: Happy01] [link to this post]

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/asking-help/54213-how...

______________________________________________________________________________________Go_girl!__________________
Standard User shinobi8
(regular) Thu 16-Jan-14 16:55:58
Print Post

[re: Happy01] [link to this post]

I think the RT-AC66u is only a access point and wont have the modem feature of the RT-N66u. namely Mer clientID field in the Wan tab.
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 16-Jan-14 19:15:09
Print Post

[re: shinobi8] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by shinobi8:
I think the RT-AC66u is only a access point and wont have the modem feature of the RT-N66u. namely Mer clientID field in the Wan tab.

No the AC66U is a full router with ethernet WAN port suitable to connect to the Openreach VDSL modem.

The username and password have to be entered in *exactly* the right layout as in the link BatBoy posted.

James BT Infinity 2 19/09/2012 - Sold 42/6 - Getting 49/8.5 - Sync 53 / 9.5 Mbps @ 470m approx
14 years of broadband (ntl: cable to BT FTTC) - Router: Asus RT-N66U - Modem: Huawei HG612 speedtest
  Print Thread

Jump to